Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
By: Harveer Singh
This PPT is for educational purpose only. The learner is expected to supplement the video lecture
with this ppt. The content is taken from various daily and weekly publications. Due care has been
taken in preparing the material but the tutor or superprofs would not be responsible for any error
or consequences arising out of it.
• measures financial inclusion on the three
– basic banking services - branch penetration,
– deposit penetration, and
– credit penetration.
• The index uses parameters that focus only on
the 'number of people' whose lives have been
touched by various financial services, rather
than on the 'amounts' deposited or loaned.
• The all-India CRISIL Inclusix score of 40.1 (on a
scale of 100) is relatively low. It is a reflection
of under-penetration of formal banking
facilities in most parts of the country. The
bottom 50 scoring districts have just 2 per
cent of the country's bank branches.
• Deposit penetration (DP) is the key driver of
financial inclusion in India.
• The number of savings bank accounts, at 624
million, is close to four times the number of
loan accounts at 160 million.
• Focused efforts to enhance branch presence
and availability of credit are extremely critical.
The bottom 50 scoring districts in India have
only 2,861 loan accounts per lakh of
population, which is nearly one-third of the all
India average of 8,012.
• According to ratings agency Crisil, the
all-India Inclusix score is relatively
low at 40.1 (financial inclusion index)
with just one in two Indians having a
savings account and only one in
seven Indians having access to
• The current banking reach of the country (as on
March 31, 2014) comprises of a bank branch
network of 1,15,082 and an ATM network of
1,60,055. Of these, 43,962 branches (38.2%) and
23,334 ATMs (14.58%) are in rural areas.
• Moreover, there are more than 1.4 lakh business
correspondents (BCs) of public sector banks and
regional rural banks in rural areas aiming to
provide basic banking services
• For any
thanks, the Tutor can be