Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.
Nick DoddsManaging Director
British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010•   Music – from opera to rock•   Drama – in the theatre and on th...
British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010                          Brighton – Festival City
British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010                          Brighton – Festival City
British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010                          Brighton – Festival City
British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010                          Brighton – Festival City
British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010                          Brighton – Festival City
British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
Brighton Festival 2008      British Council Vietnam      Festival Workshop      17-20 March 2010                         B...
Brighton Festival 2008      British Council Vietnam      Festival Workshop      17-20 March 2010      • Could there be a c...
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Workshop 1 9 fei vietnam workshop brighton festival case study

447 views

Published on

  • Be the first to comment

Workshop 1 9 fei vietnam workshop brighton festival case study

  1. 1. Nick DoddsManaging Director
  2. 2. British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
  3. 3. British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010• Music – from opera to rock• Drama – in the theatre and on the streets• Dance – contemporary to classical• Literature – books and debate• Comedy and Cabaret – on the Fringe• Visual art – in the artists’ Open Houses
  4. 4. British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
  5. 5. British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
  6. 6. British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
  7. 7. British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
  8. 8. British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
  9. 9. British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
  10. 10. British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
  11. 11. British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
  12. 12. British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010 Brighton – Festival City
  13. 13. British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010 Brighton – Festival City
  14. 14. British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010 Brighton – Festival City
  15. 15. British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010 Brighton – Festival City
  16. 16. British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010 Brighton – Festival City
  17. 17. British Council VietnamFestival Workshop17-20 March 2010
  18. 18. Brighton Festival 2008 British Council Vietnam Festival Workshop 17-20 March 2010 Brighton & Hove City Council £0.55m 24% Arts Council England £0.45m 20% Total Public funding £1.0m 44% Sponsorship £0.45m 20% Ticket Sales £0.8m 36% Total Income £2.25m Cost of Presentations £1.53m 68% Marketing, fundraising, admin £0.72m 32% Total Expenditure £2.25m Duration 3 weeks Attendances 350,000 Economic Impact (2004) £20m Age 43 years
  19. 19. Brighton Festival 2008 British Council Vietnam Festival Workshop 17-20 March 2010 • Could there be a contemporary arts festival in Vietnam? • Discuss! • What is Contemporary Art? • Why bother? What’s wrong with traditional arts? • Can they be combined – traditional and contemporary?

×