RCE CUENCA DEL PLATA
● Acknowledged in December 2015.
● Run by 4 NGOs
● Hosted Americas Meeting in 2018.
● In process of creation of a Foundation that will centralize coordination (2020)
● Cooperation agreements with universities, local governments and RCEs (2020)
● Buenos Aires
● Paraguay (Asunción-San Lorenzo)
● Foz do Iguazú ??? (2021)
TERRITORY - LA CUENCA DEL PLATA
The Cuenca del Plata (River Plate Basin)
is a large and diverse territory
(3.2 million km2). It includes south of
Bolivia and Brazil, all of Paraguay, most
of Uruguay and a third of Argentina.
Addressing it in an integrated manner is
a challenge that requires centralized
coordination and decentralized eﬀorts
that work in line with agreed objectives,
indicators and actions.
RCE CUENCA DEL PLATA - STRUCTURE
Monitoring and Reporting
RCE CUENCA DEL PLATA - ALLIES
RCE Cuenca del Plata is partnering with Ecotown and
Certiﬁcación Sustentable to jointly develop and array of
sustainable initiatives based on SDGs.
Ecotown delivers sustainable solutions based on biodiversity
production, sustainable products, technological solutions
and sustainable urban projects.
Certiﬁcación Sustentable is the ﬁrst SDG Certiﬁcation Firm in
Argentina acknowledged by UN and the American
Revenue from projects will fund RCE’s SDGs training and
BARILOCHE, RÍO NEGRO
ROSARIO, SANTA FÉ
MACACHÍN, LA PAMPA
Argentina is a large country
almost 4000 km long with 15
The distances between BA and:
Oberá = 1000km
Bariloche = 1500km
Initial interest for
programs / projects
As from 2020, RCEs are invited to join this initiative that fosters collaborations between
RCEs at the Americas and Global levels.
● Coordinators, teachers/professors and students are invited to work/study at another
RCE sometime during the year.
● RCE are “invited” to cross-fund initiatives that fosters ESD in the region.
● All actions must be carbon neutral, so calculation, mitigation and compensation
eﬀorts will be in place, and ﬁnanced accordingly.
● Monitoring and reporting formats should be agreed upon to share impact data.
● RCE Cuenca del Plata (and other RCE that care to join) may be able to develop a few
ESD Innovation Centers in partnership with local governments and private sponsors.
RCE PARTNERSHIP INITIATIVE
● Learning facilities with sustainable buildings and campuses.
● Placed in public or private land (with partnership agreements in place).
● Developing (designing) projects for blueprints open to international collaboration as
from late 2019.
● First potential locations: Oberá, Misiones / Virasoro, Corrientes / Bariloche, Río Negro.
○ Oberá (capital of tea): TBD
○ Virasoro (capital of Yerba Mate): Several acres of public land
○ Bariloche (capital of Lake District in Patagonia): Possible Innovation Center within
the future Tech Industrial Park (big lot within 500 acres project).
RCE “ESD INNOVATION CENTERS”
RCE Cuenca del Plata
Av. Álvarez Thomas 666 2H (1427), CABA, Argentina.
(+54 11 31 22 14 03 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.rcecuencadelplata.org