SEARCH AND RESEARCH SKILL
Presented by: MARCELINO, Hannah Marie A. (STEM 11-C)
Searching is now such a piece of our “net” world. Basically, it plays a vast important
role in business, government, security, government and education – often use to
provide answers, methods and information for our questions. In order to have an
efficient and effective research, we must own certain skills which will be discussed.
• To share information about the topic
• To spread awareness about online search
• To have skills in searching
• To be a key for being a productive person through research
It is the use of World Wide Web (www) or Internet for obtaining information.
Online Search is flexible in every subject/topic; limited in some areas or if it has a
low availability of connection.
Somehow, this is quite critical because we are, uninformed if the visited site is
a hoax or not. So let us be aware and be a clever searching online.
ADVANTAGES OF ONLINE SEARCH
• Speed and accuracy
• Outstanding level of information
• Broad information
• Quite comfortable
• Easy and saves time
DISADVANTAGES OF ONLINE SEARCH
• Unavailability in certain areas
• Lack of security
• No quality of information
• Distracting and misleading
• Identify your keywords
• Develop your research strategy
• Search for books – includes your evaluating search results
• Search for journals – online and print media
• Cite your sources
• Manage your bibliography