What is ICT
• It is an umbrella term that includes all
technologies for the communication of
• ICT can be defined as the use of hardware and software
for efficient management of information. ICT refers to
the forms of technology that are used to transmit, store,
create, share or exchange particular task.
Scope of ICT in Education.
• A person from village also can refer the latest information and research
• Television broadcast is one of the best communication media to educate
students, farmers, sportsman.
• The difficult experiments, advance surgery for medical students etc. can
• LCD projectors can be used for effective training.
• The man power problem, the human mistakes can be avoided by on-line
Impacts of ict on Education.
• Positive Impact of ICT on Education.
Ensures life long learning.
Life long learning can be ensured by E- learning or E-Education.
Also enables distance learning.
• A teacher teaching his students through the use of ICT even
though geographically dispersed.
We can access teaching materials and experts from all
over the world.
• We can consult to many experts by video conferencing.
Impacts of ICT on Education.
It has the ability to perform impossible experiments
by using stimulations.
• Some of the impossible experiments in the field of medicine, engineering
and industry can be performed easily with the help of ICT.
Possibility for students to have individual learning.
Man power problem and human problems can be
avoided by conducting online examinations.
The curriculum, information about text books,
reference books and references are available using ICT.
Negative Impact of ICT on Education
• There are large costs involved.(Expensive)
• Students, and sometimes teachers, can get ingaged in
the technology aspect rather than subject content.
• A child’s imagination power decreases i.e. the ability to
Impact on Curriculum & Teachers
• Based on fixed content
which students are
required to learn and
• Focuses on the skills
needed to build and
• Goal oriented curricula
and syllabuses can be
changed according to
• Helpful to Preparing Lesson
• Make the Network of
• Provide Pedagogical
• Connect to the Information