2. Create Invoices in iSupplier Portal
In an endeavor to provide new functionalities and features with every upgrade of
Oracle Applications, Procurement Family Pack H (11i.PRC_PF.H -2320032) also
brings some new features and functions. "Create Invoices' is one such feature, which
is coming as an addition in Procurement Family Pack H (11i.PRC_PF.H -2320032).
This feature will allow suppliers to now submit invoices online using iSupplier
Suppliers are now able to select approved PO shipments for invoicing in iSupplier
Portal. They can enter the quantity to be invoiced, freight charges, tax charges and
miscellaneous charges. When submitted, the invoice will be processed by the invoice
import program and then created in Accounts Payable. A new sub tab called “Create
Invoices” has been added under the “Account” tab.
1. High Level Diagram.
2. Major Features.
3. Setup Steps
4. User Procedure- Creating Invoices
5. Trouble Shooting.
3. HIGH LEVEL DIAGRAM
Payables Open Interface
• The Purchase Order that is selected can be split on Quantity across Invoices.
• The PO can be searched by the following:
o Purchase Order Number
o Purchase Order Date
• Combine different Purchase Order's into same invoice
• "Quick Invoice" option is also available to select the details of a Single Po
onto a Invoice
• Tax, Freight and Miscellaneous Charges can be entered for each Invoice.
• You can have Multiple Freight and Miscellaneous Charges for Each Invoice
and also add the Description for each of them.
4. • “Calculate Button” to give instantaneous Computation for Invoice Total on
the “Include Lines on Invoice “ page.
• The Invoice can be submitted instantaneously when it is created or can be
saved for later use. The same invoice then can be chosen subsequently for
submission at a later time.
• After the invoice has been processed, you can query its status by using the
In order to use this feature, AP Minipack J (2375849) and a one-off patch (2234922),
which delivers the UI components, must be installed. The ‘Create Invoices’ menu is
excluded by default for the seeded responsibility (iSupplier Portal Full Access). After
the above patches are installed this menu should be deleted from the exclude list for
the specific responsibility.
1) Enter a PO from PO Super User-->Purchase Order and approve it.
2) Log in to the i-Supplier Portal using the Supplier Log in. Make Sure that the
securing attributes are set up correctly and the PO can be viewed.
3) Navigate to the Account Tab-Create Invoices.
4) Click on Create Invoices.
5) Choose the PO Number that you had entered in step 1.
6) Select the PO and Add it to the Invoice List by clicking "Add Items to Invoice
List". You can also remove the PO from the Invoice List by using the "Remove Items
from Invoice List"
5. 7) Once the Invoice List is prepared, click on "Next" to go to the "Include Lines on
8)On "Include Lines on Invoice" page, add the Tax, Freight, Miscellaneous Charges
and description as desired.
6. 9) Press on the "Next" button to go to the "Enter General Invoice Information".
10) In the "Enter General Invoice Information” Enter the Invoice Number, Invoice
Date and Invoice Description.
7. 10) Change the Remit to if desired to some other Supplier Site, which is a Pay Site.
11) Press on the "Next" button to go to the "Review the Invoice" page.
12) After Reviewing the Invoice, please "Submit" the invoice. It is also possible to
Save the invoice for later use by clicking on "Save for later".
13) On selecting Submit, a Warning will be Displayed--"Are you sure you want to
submit this invoice? Click on "OK " to submit the invoice.
14) This will insert records into the "AP_INVOICES_INTERFACE" table. Please
use the script as given under Scripts Number (1) to verify the same.
15) Run the Concurrent Program "Payables Open Interface Import" to import the
records that are there in the AP_INVOICES_INTERFACE to the
AP_INVOICES_ALL table. Make sure that the Source in the Parameters form for
this concurrent request is "Internet Supplier Portal".
8. 16) Verify that the import is successful by querying up the invoice in the "Invoice
Workbench" from the Payables Super User Responsibility. Also you can use the
Script as mentioned in script (2) under Scripts.
17) In case of any problems while importing the Invoice through the "Payables Open
Interface Import" program please refer to Note 107628.1- Payables Open Interface
Invoice Import Troubleshooting on Metalink.
1)select INVOICE_ID, INVOICE_NUM, status from AP_INVOICES_INTERFACE
where po_number ='&ponum';
2)select INVOICE_ID, INVOICE_NUM from AP_INVOICES_ALL where
1) In case the Po is not available for entering the invoice please check the securing
Attributes for the Responsibility and the User.
2) When the Tax Code is Selected "(refer step 8 above) the PO should have the Tax
Code mentioned else the Import will fail in the AP_INVOICES_INTERFACE
3) In the Enter General Information Page (Step 10 above) in case the following error
message is displayed:
"Value && is invalid for the flexfield segment &SEGMENT" then please check the
field ADDRESS_STYLE for the Supplier Site.
If the DFF Site Address is not set up for the context of Address_style then the above
error is experienced.
Procurement Family Pack H (11i.PRC_PF.H –2320032) allows the Supplier to enter
Invoices onto the iSupplier Portal online, thus facilitating convenient, secure self-
service Business transactions between buyers and suppliers via the Internet.
1. Oracle. iSupplier Portal Release Notes Family Pack H - August 2002
2. Oracle Payables- Technical Reference Manual - Release 11i
3. Oracle Purchasing User’s Guide - Release 11i
4. Oracle Payables User’s Guide - Release 11i