Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
Peter Drucker says the two goals of business are to innovate and create customers
Traditional vs Internet Marketing
Traditional vs. Internet
How do you know what to use?
Your Marketing Goals
1. Increase awareness of your company to your
2. Demonstrate your value to those prospects
3. Be seen as Expert in your industry
4. Ultimately – Create new customers
Probably look like this:
Your Target Market
• May be local, national or international
• As high as 97% of consumers do some portion of
their shopping online
• Your Potential Market (size, value) needs to be
assessed as you determine how to market to
Value of Mass Media*
• Reach a larger audience in your area
• Get your message in front of people
• Great for developing top of mind awareness if
you have the budget to establish frequency
*Mass Media = TV, radio, newspapers, magazines etc.
Why not use Mass Media?
• Traditional Advertising may reach an audience
that is too general (masses)
• No one Media Company will reach all of the area
you serve, i.e.: TV, Radio, Paper
• Cost to reach your target market can be very
expensive with Mass Media
• Once you stop spending your advertising is gone.
Why Use the Internet
• Its use is growing by leaps and bounds
• It’s used for research on a regular basis for
most people, especially small business
• It allows us to better target potential
• It allows you to gain continued value from
more of your marketing efforts, as your
content can keep working indefinitely
EVERYONE IS ONLINE BECAUSE THE INFORMATION
WE WANT AND NEED IS AT OUR FINGER TIPS.
Internet Users in the US.
• 78% of Population
• 634 million Websites
• 54 million added in’12
• 1 billion Facebookers
• 47% are Female
• 40.5 years – average age
• Etc. etc. etc.
Posted in Tech blog on January 16th, 2013 by Pingdom
Growing Leaps & Bounds
Used for Research
86% of consumers look up the companies they buy
from on the internet first.
North of 57% of a buying decision is made through online
research before a prospective customer ever decides to talk
How will you get their attention?
• You can write content specific to what
your potential customers are looking for
• You can bring in more qualified traffic
Online content you build out will
last forever and grow like
compounded interest with
ongoing ROI over time.
What is Internet Marketing?
• It combines traditional Marketing, Advertising
and Public Relations on the Internet to create
• Uses the Internet to achieve four main goals:
1. Attract more qualified people and build awareness
of your company
2. Engage people at their point of need and further
educate them down the decision making process
3. Convert a higher percentage into customers
4. ROI – Gives you analytics to see what’s working and
Inbound Marketing Defined
Inbound Marketing is a holistic approach that
creates content that people WANT and find
useful. And it has been growing since about
Internet Marketing Tools
• Website • Blog
• Email • Social Media
• Press Releases • Online Ads
• Landing Pages • Analytics
• Video • Etc.
• More people want to find relevant information
that helps them solve their problems
• They search on the Internet
• They are looking for someone to help that they
believe they can TRUST
• Inbound uses a holistic approach to create and
promote content to meet those needs
Ready to Talk?
Call Half a Bubble Out if you would like to discuss your
marketing needs. We are patiently waiting for your call,
but eager to help you grow your business!
Call us at 530-345-8295
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nov. 14, 2016
Dec. 28, 2015
This presentation is meant to help business owners and marketing managers decide between Traditional and Internet Marketing.