Common Terms seen Online
Mr. Kim Alwin C. Sy
Bachelor of Secondary
University of Santo Tomas
• Messages distributed by electronic means
from one computer user to one or more
recipients via a network.
• A website that allows collaborative editing of
its content and structure by its users.
• A centralized online service which enables
users to add, annotate, edit, and share
bookmarks of web documents.
• Voice over Internet Protocol.
• Methodology and group of technologies for
the delivery of voice communications and
multimedia sessions over Internet Protocol
(IP) networks, such as the Internet.
• A multimedia digital file made available on the
Internet for downloading to a portable media
player, computer, etc.
• Any kind of communication over the Internet
that offers a real-time transmission of text
messages from sender to receiver.
• World Wide Web (commonly known as the
• A system of interlinked hypertext documents
accessed via the Internet.
• A method of relaying data (esp. video and
audio material) over a computer network as a
steady continuous stream, allowing playback
to proceed while subsequent data is being
• A personal website or web page on which an
individual records opinions, links to other
sites, etc. on a regular basis.
• The use of dedicated websites and
applications to communicate informally with
other users, or to find people with similar
interests to oneself.
• Uniform Resource Locator (also known as web
address, particularly when used with HTTP).
• A specific character string that constitutes a
reference to a resource.
• A data format used for providing users with
frequently updated content.