• Owned and built by the NHS - GPs and nurses
• Questions and answer options reflect the latest evidence
• Complete audit trail for every question and pathway
• Used within existing systems – not a system itself
• Maps to any services operational & delivery model
Overview - what is the IDT?
• Initial content - CQI and DoS dashboard suite, more will
be added in future.
• Web based dynamic and intelligent reporting tool
• Stores sensitive data securely and restricts user access
based on user profiles
• Gives users access to a wide range of reports presented
in a visual, interactive and easy to use format
• Underlying data is accessible to users by “drilling down”
for detailed investigation
• Reports can be exported into various formats (e.g. excel,
Urgent and Emergency Care:
NHS Pathways who uses it?
Half of the English Ambulance services
• Every 111 Service Provider
• Blackpool Integrated Emergency Department (pilot)
• Over 500,000 calls per month
Data Sources for Pathways
Data output as
part of NHS Pathways
License - ideally move to
IDT – what does a license
The cost of a single viewer license is TBC
What does an IDT license entitle me to?
Access for a single user to;
IDT Dashboard(s) – CQI and/or DoS
IDT Service Desk support
User guides and supporting documentation
Ongoing development of a dynamic reporting tool
When will IDT be available?
Dashboards are currently in Beta test
• CQI – 9 providers/sites involved…
• DoS Gap – 5 Commissioning organisations involved…
National Roll out of IDT will begin in early 2014
Intelligent Data Tool – who
can use it?
• Anyone with a viewer license
• Access will be procured by users through a central
• All requests will need to be through or linked to a NHS
organisation or an organisation contracted to provide
services on behalf of the NHS
• Data sharing agreement will need to be signed
IDT – how do I get access?
• CQI Managers will be contacted by NHS Pathways to
arrange access to the IDT.
• Interest should be registered via the form on the NHS
Pathways IDT page.
• Online form will be available to place orders for licenses.