• Unique Chemistry registered in over 40 countries
on over 70 crops worldwide
• Controls several major pests including Stem
borer, Leaf folder, Whitefly, Bollworms, Mites
• Histar’s unique molecular structure translates
into many advantages when compared to other
- Acaricidal action.
- Length of residual control.
- No unpleasant skin effects.
- Stability at high temperatures.
Histar is distinct from other products in three ways.
• Histar exhibits strong acaricidal properties due to
addition of Biphenyl in its molecule.
• Histar does not have Cyano group at alpha position like
other Pyrethroids and does not cause Subjective facial
• Histar behaves like a pre-mix/tank mix of Pyrethroid
and Organophosphate. It controls variety of sucking
pests like white fly, mites, also controls termites and
HISTAR: Residual Control
Histar exhibits long duration control (up to 10-15
days) because of following factors:
• Product stability at high temperatures
- 24 months at 50 degrees.
• Very low water solubility
- 0.1 PPB.
• Stickiness to waxy plant surface on upper leaf surface,
growing tips, flowers,buds and bolls.
• Histar when sprayed, a fraction of it volatilizes which
penetrates into thick crop canopy and controls
Whitefly and Mites. It also contributes to repellency.
HISTAR: 2 Methods of Application
• Histar when applied as Foliar Spray stays where it is
placed,binding to the leaf surface even in wet
conditions,the low water solubility of Histar keeps the
active ingredient in place.
• Dose – 2 ml/ltr of water
• Applied either as soil or foliar application offers
fast,effective knockdown of harmful insects before
they have chance to inflict costly damage to crops.
Soil Application :
• Histar when applied as Soil Insecticide gives effective
control of Termites and other soil pests.
Histar - Summary
• Histar is a synthetic pyrethroids group
• Histar is a larvicide and also effectively
controls sucking pests like white fly.
• Histar has a strong Biphenyl bond which
provides longer residual period of control for
• Histar does not have 'Cyano-group' at alpha
position, hence it does not cause skin
irritation to the sprayer as in case of other
• Histar is also an effective termiticide
• Dosage: 2ml/ltr of water