About Hyderabad International
Convention Centre (HICC)
● HICC is the only Green Globe Certified Convention Centre in India.
● HICC in every aspect, be it infrastructure, service or technology,
compares with the best in the world. It has an internal hall measuring
6,500 square metres, which can be partitioned into six halls.
● HICC is proud to be the winner of the ‘Best Convention Centre’ National
Tourism Award by Incredible India for three years in a row, 2007, 2008 & 2009.
● Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre, adjacent to HICC, is a 5-star 287
room hotel, built to suit the requirements of the discerning business traveler.
Features Lobby Theatre style
Banquet Seating Small meetings
World-class convention facilities
● State-of-the-art IT infrastructure, design, technology, telecommunications
● 32 breakout rooms, including specialized meeting rooms, speaker
preparatory rooms, boardrooms and VIP lounge.
● Pillar-free internal hall of net 6,480 sq. metres that can hold a 5,000-delegate
plenary and can be partitioned into 6 halls.
● A spacious pre-function foyer area of over 6,000 sq. metres of lobby space.
● In house Event Management and Audio-Visual team.
● Cutting edge design features including environmental sustainable practices.
● 12.5 metres free ceiling height with catwalks and mobile operable walls.
● Service pits every 6 metres, with power, water and internet.
● Private workspace for organizers and their guests.
● In-built power back-up generation capability.
● 1000+ car parking base.
● Automated telescopic tiered seating for 2500.
● Loading dock.
● Hyderabad International Convention Centre and Novotel Hyderabad Convention
Centre are Green Globe certified.
● Hyderabad International Convention Centre is committed to work towards key
environmental indicators including energy and water consumption, total waste
production and community commitment.
● HICC hosted India’s first carbon light event - PATA Travel Mart 2008.
● Accor, the managing company is the recipient of 2010 Tourism for Tomorrow
Award from the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) in the Global Tourism
Business Award Category. This award recognizes the Group's best practices in
sustainable tourism around the world. Accor has topped the first Tomorrow's Value
Rating of the world's ten largest hotel groups. Accor has not only recognized key
sustainability challenges facing the hotels sector, says the new research, but has
also designed a comprehensive approach to managing them.
Accredited to International associations
Hyderabad International Convention Centre is a member of :
● ICCA : ICCA, the International Congress and Convention Association, is
the global meeting industry network. ICCA’s network of supplies to the
international meetings industry spans the globe, with members in 80
countries. All companies and organizations which have a strategic
commitment to provide top quality products and services for
international meetings should consider ICCA membership as part of
their long term plans.
● PCMA : The Professional Convention Management Association
represents more than 6100 meeting industry leaders from 16 chapters in
United States and Canada.
● APIC : The International Association of Congress Centres is committed
to encouraging and recognizing excellence in convention centre
management, while at the same time provides the tools to achieve such
high standards through its research, educational and networking
HICC Inbuilt Audio Visual
● Sound Reinforcement system
● Auto dome CCD Cameras for capturing live video of
● Video Distribution of the proceedings of the Hall to the
entire Convention Centre
● State-of-art Digital Congress Network, equipped with
Chairman & Delegate microphone units enabling
conferences & discussion seminars
● DVD Recorders enable recording & storage of all the
interpreted languages or floor language along with
video directly on the DVD- RS
Health and Hygiene
● Catering for any event at HICC is done by
Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre
● Fully equipped Microbiology laboratory
● Regular food and water testing
● Vendor analysis
● Staff hygiene testing
Year Name of the Event Number of Delegates
2006 Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2000
2006 Bio Asia 2006 1000
Asian Development Bank’s 39th
2006 AGM 2500
Travel Agents Association of India’s
2006 55th Annual Conclave 2000
Bancon – Annual Banker’s
2006 Conference 1500
Asia Pacific Conference for Sexual
2007 and Reproductive Health 2,000
International Joint Conference on
2007 Artificial Conference 600
2007 Sun Tech Days- Sun Microsystems 3000
2007 National Opthalmology Conference 4000
2007 International Astronautical Congress 2000
2007 Cardiological Society of India 4000
2007 Ikebana International 500
2007 Bio Asia 2007 1000
2007 Infocom 1500
Year Name of the Event No.of Pax
2007 International Leprosy Congress 2007 1000
7th International Conference and Exposition on Petroleum
2008 Geophysics 1,900
2008 International Leprosy Conference 2008 1,250
2008 Sun Tech Days-Sun Microsystems 3,000
Indian Premier League – Team Hyderabad - Deccan
2008 Chronicle 1,300
2008 Sakshi – Telugu Newspaper Launch 2,000
2008 Re Tech Con – 2008 (Retailers Association Of India) 1,500
2008 HUGO 2008 (Human Genome) 1,800
2008 PATA – 2008 3,500
2008 Asia Pacific Seed Association) 1,000
2008 36th Annual Scientific Meeting RSSDI (Diabetes India) 2008 3,500
2008 Bio Asia 2008 1000
2008 United Nations Internet Governance Forum – 2008 1,500
2008 Femina Miss South India Pageant 1000
Year Name of the Event Number of Delegates
2009 Bio Asia 2009 1000
2009 GIS Development – 2nd Map World Forum 2009 700
2009 Sun Tech Days- Microsystems Conference 1850
2009 The 5th BASF Boron Conference 120
62nd World Newspaper Congress, 16th World Editors
2009 Forum and Info Services Expo 2009 1000
2010 Bio Asia 2010 1000
World Telecommunication Development Conference
2010 2010 1200
14th Pacific Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery
2010 & Data Mining 300
2010 AOGS 7th Annual Meeting, 2010 2000
2010 Solarcon India, 2010 5000
2010 International Congress of Mathematicians 2010 2500
2010 49th ICCA Congress 800
The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) has a
number of feathers in its cap. From being ranked 5th in the
world (in the Airport Service Quality (ASQ) annual survey
by the Airports Council International (ACI), to being the first
airport with the prestigious Leadership in Energy and
Environment Design New Construction (LEED NC) silver-
rated certification by the US Green Building Council and an
A380-compatiable runway, to name a few.
Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad has been
ranked No. 1 in the 5-15 million passenger category and
Currently to :
Frankfurt, London, Singapore, Bangkok,
Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, Doha, Kuwait,
Jeddah, Muscat, Sharjah, Riyadh.
Planned to :
Bahrain, Sydney and Colombo (Sri Lanka).
Lufthansa, British Airways,
Kingfisher, Jet Airways, Malaysian,
Thai, Singapore, Emirates, Air India,
Indian Airlines, Sri Lankan Airlines,
Qatar Airways, Saudi Airlines, Oman
Air, Kuwait Airways, Etihad Airways.
● Green Globe Certified hotel.
● Five minutes from Hitec City.
● 287 guest rooms.
● 30 minutes drive from the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport.
● Hi-speed Internet and Wi-fi connectivity.
● Outdoor Swimming Pool (open 24 hours).
● In Balance Fitness Centre (open 24 hours).
● The Signature Salon and Spa.
● In-house shopping outlets.
● Access to Boulder Hills Golf & Country Club.
Food & Beverage
● The Square: An all day dining multi-cuisine restaurant.
● The Bar: Offers a trendy, casual background to unwind in a light musical trance
● The Deli: Serves fresh delectable pastries, cakes and breads.
● La Cantina: Specialty restaurant serving soul-searing Mexican delicacies.
● The Sunset Lounge: A restro-lounge offering a perfect ambience to relax and unwind.
● Excess Club Lounge and a Concert Arena: An exquisite blend of a designer lounge,
concert arena with dining options.
● Bougainvillea Room: Located in Boulder Hills Golf and Country Club, it is a multi-
cuisine restaurant serving Indian and International cuisines.
● Plus 4 Pub: An exclusive bar having a collection of Indian and imported spirits served
with a selection of cocktail bites, set in an elegant lounge seating of 25. You can also
savor your cocktail in the terrace outside the bar enjoying the view of the golf course’s
grandeur overlooking the natural boulder formations.
● “Clean & Green City of India” award for 3 consecutive years.
● Nerve centre of the IT, Biotech and Pharma sectors.
● Convention Capital of India.
● 400-year old city with a blend of tradition and modern in perfect harmony.
● Home to ten Universities and a global top 20 B-school –
Indian School of Business - Financial Times.
Historic Places to visit
Qutub Shahi Tombs: The tombs of the legendary
Qutub Shahi kings. These tombs are said to be the
oldest historical monuments in Hyderabad. The
uniqueness of the tombs lies in the fact that they are the
only tombs in the world where the entire dynasty has
been buried at one place.
Mecca Masjid: The biggest Mosque in India, Mecca
Masjid is located at a stone’s throw from the Charminar.
The Masjid is so named because the building blocks
were brought from Mecca to build the central arch.
Historic Places to visit
Charminar: Hyderabad is almost synonymous with the
Charminar. Charminar lies in its entire splendor in the middle
of Laad-Bazaar – Hyderabad’s famous bangle destination.
The monument is illuminated in the evenings.
Golconda Fort: Golconda is one of the most famous forts of
India. The name comes from the Telugu words ‘Golla Konda’
meaning ‘Shepherd’s Hill’. The fort is well known for its
acoustics among other attractions like the palaces. The
exclusive Sound & Light Show takes you right back in time.
● Hyderabad has a mix of ancient, medieval and modern
character and also goes by the name – ‘City of Pearls’. The city
offers everything from antiques to handicrafts to jewellery, from
dresses to leather goods.
● Andhra Pradesh has an old age tradition of hand-woven fabrics.
The handloom of this South Indian state is well known for its
most exquisite, unique and generic designed saris.
Pochampally saris from Andhra Pradesh are the famous ones
that can be purchased locally.
● Andhra Pradesh has the distinction of having all important
categories of handicrafts like Kalamkari, Lepakshi, Bidri. The
Laad Bazaar of Hyderabad is famous for Lac bangles.
● Shilparamam, 5 minutes drive from HICC, is an arts and crafts
village showcasing various art forms and handicrafts from all
over the state.
● HICC also sets up its own arts and crafts village to showcase
state’s famous collection.