INDIA’s Largest Marketplace - Sell anything from used cars to mobiles, furniture,
laptops, clothing & more...
( C a s e – S t u d y P r e s e n t a t i o n )
Utsav Patel – 120010116017
Harshil Darji – 120010116045
OLX.in is a place where you can sell or buy any used or
second-hand things to/from all over India.
Originally founded in March 2006 by Internet entrepreneurs
Fabrice Grinda and Alec Oxenford, OLX is now owned by global
media and digital company Naspers.
If you go through the OLX.com than you can find ads and
offers from all over the world.
Major things that you can sell or buy on OLX:
• Art – Paintings
• Baby Goods
Boost global awareness of OLX and increase the number of users of the
website in the U.S. and internationally.
OLX is an emerging leader in the online classifieds marketplace relying
on innovative and globally-focused strategies to differentiate itself from
other well-established competitors in the industry.
They were tasked with using online social media, including multi-lingual
blogger outreach and Twitter campaigns in addition to press releases
and A list outreach, to increase users of the website both in the U.S.
Contribute to an increase in website traffic through media outreach
and multi-lingual blogger outreach and Twitter campaigns.
They launched campaigns on behalf of OLX in English, Spanish, Portuguese,
European Portuguese and Polish.
These campaigns included targeted blogger outreach, twitter management,
press release writing, and distribution to A-List tech bloggers.
They contacted over 6,000 U.S. and international bloggers distributing a tailored
social media news release that included videos, explanation of OLX, pictures,
and contact information; all formatted to be easily copied by bloggers and
pasted into posts.
For Twitter management, our multinational team was able to manage their
various profiles in native tongue to be most effective.
According to the social media portion of the campaign leading to the doubling of
OLX’s website traffic in one year, from 50 million unique viewers in 2008
to over 100 million in 2009.
Companies comprehensive social media strategy has helped contribute to OLX
doubling their website traffic in one year.
The campaign’s social media news releases, press releases, TechCrunch and
other A-List coverage earned over 205 million impressions in the US, Mexico,
Poland, and all of Latin America over a 10 month period.
Ads in each categories:
Till now (11-Aug-2014), following number of ads are available on OLX.in:
• Mobiles & Tablets : 19,35,617
• Electronics & Computers : 7,57,141
• Vehicles : 9,09,682
• Home & Furniture : 4,39,840
• Pets! : 3,33,328
• Books, CDs & Hobbies : 1,08,982
• Clothing & Accessories : 1,59,347
• Kids & Baby (Products) : 29,662
• Sports & Health : 79,577
• Services : 4,62,284
• Jobs : 20,77,224
• Real Estate : 25,07,357
• In March 2006, OLX was founded and opened offices in New York City
and Buenos Aires.
• In August 2009, OLX was named a good competitor to Craigslist in the
United States by TechCrunch.
• In December 2009, OLX Inc. was named a rival to Craigslist by BusinessWeek.
In 2010, Naspers acquired majority stake in OLX.
• In September 2012, Portugal online classified service coisas.com was rebranded
• In December 2013, Switzerland online classified service ricardolino.ch was
rebranded as OLX.ch.
• In March 2014, Philippines online classified service Sulit.com.ph was rebranded
• In March 2014, Thailand online classified service dealfish.co.th was rebranded
• In April 2014, Poland online classified service tablica.pl was rebranded
• In April 2014, Hungary online classified service aprod.hu was rebranded
• In April 2014, Bulgaria online classified service prodavalnik.com was rebranded
• In April 2014, Romania online classified service mercador.ro was rebranded as
• In 20 May 2014, Indonesian online classified service Tokobagus.com was
rebranded as OLX.co.id.
Top cities in INDIA:
Delhi Kolkata Lucknow Bhopal
Bangalore Pune Ludhiana Surat
Mumbai Jaipur Indore Thane
Chennai Ahmedabad Patna Vadodara
Hyderabad Kanpur Nagpur Agra
“ It's been a true pleasure working with the team. They increased the
online awareness of OLX far more than I thought would be possible with English,
Spanish and Portuguese bloggers. ”
- Fabrice Grinda,
Co-Founder and Co- CEO, OLX
Any Questions ?
If no, Than
. . . T h a n k Y o u . . .