• Ford motor company Founded by Hendry ford and incorporated on
June 16th 1903
• Hendry ford was born on July 13, 1883
• Gasoline-powered truck, 1901
• Model T -October 1, 1908
• Model A -December 1927
• The five-dollar workday
• Acquisition of the Lincoln Motor Company on February 4,
• In May 1929 the Soviet Union signed an agreement with the
Ford Motor Company
• In 2007, Ford joined Corporate Social Responsibility
• Ford is the second-largest U.S based automaker next to
• Its fifth largest automobile manufacturing company in the
• It’s the eighth largest car maker in India after:
• Ford is the Eighth-ranked overall American-based company in
the 2010 Fortune 500 list, based on global revenues 2009 of
• Until 2013, Ford produced about 5.532 million automobiles
and employed about 300,000 employees at around 108 plants
and facilities worldwide.
Fig. shows Ford manufacturing plant-Michigan.
• Ford is in a position of distributing automobiles to 200 markets
across six continents.
• At present Ford ranks Seventh among the top selling cars in
India during the year 2013.
• Highlight able fact is that Ford Ecosport ranks top among the
other models sold during 2013.
fig. Shows the image of Ford Ecosport
• Other models of Ford like “Ford Figo”, “Ford Fiesta” also
provided considerable market share and attained a position
among the top 60 models sold in India during 2013.
Fig .shows the image of “Ford Figo”.
Fig. shows the image of “Ford Fiesta”.
Evolution in INDIA
• Ford Motor company US, entered Indian Market in 1926
• Closed in 1954
• Re-entered Indian market in 1995
• 50-50 joint venture with Mahindra and Mahindra
• Mahindra Ford India Ltd
• Renamed the company to Ford India Private Limited
• Headquarters located in Maraimalai Nagar, 45 km from Chennai
• Has a capacity to produce 150,000 cars on a two-shift basis and 200,000 with
The current cars available in the indian markert
• The ford eco sport is the latest car launched by the ford in India
• It is launched on September 7th of this year
• The main features are
• The compact SUV comes in four trims, eight colors and three engine
options including the globally awarded 1-litre EcoBoost turbocharged
• March 2010-ford figo
• In the Indian market Ford produced the Ford Ikon and fifth generation
Fiesta in parallel for the saloon market until April 2011. The Fiesta was
sold in India since September 2005
• Power steering In all
• No rain sensing vipers
• lighting features are similar
• all have two years of warrenty
• Ecosport is keyless start
• Average fuel consumption , average speed can be measured in
•Total investment plan for new plant in Gujarat is 1 billion $
•The purpose of expansion is to increase 50% sales in global market.
•This expansion will help in reaching the goal.
•The plant comprises of car assembly sector and engine plant
•The MOU signed between govt and Gujarat as it will provide labor and
boom the economy of the state.
• The initial capacity will comprise of production of 2,40,000 per year and 2,70,000
engine parts per year.
• Also the new plant comprise of new paint shop advanced technology for
• The estimated plant size is 460 acre of land.
• And also the govt has planned for adjacent opening of small scale supplier of
material to support ford to assist its production.
• Why the immediate expansion because asia and india has consider to be the
potential market for expansion