How did you use Media technologies in theconstruction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
• Tumblr, is a social networking website where I was able to post multimedia and other contents. It allowed me to post my work from my the start of the course to the evaluation section. All my work can be found on Tumblr. In addition, I was very familiar with this networking website as I have previously used it for AS Media studies, and I am entitled to a Tumblr account personally.
• SoundCloud allows a variety of audio recordings to be promoted. Using SoundCloud facilitated us to use a soundtrack that could be used for our trailer. Due to the fact that SoudCloud has different audio’s, it allowed us to explore different sounds and find the one that matches the best with our trailer.
• Prezi is a presentation “software and storytelling” tool which allows users to share their work. It allows users zoom in and out of presentations, along as navigate through information themselves. Prezi was the main source of technology I used during my construction of Evaluation. This is because it enables me to express my creativity using different ranges of powerpoint.
• SlideShare enabled me to upload files publically in different formats, such as Powerpoint. This was very useful because it gave me to opportunity to be creative and upload powerpoints using a variety of different technologies in Web 2.0
• Adobe Photoshop is an editing program which allows the user to edit images, such as cropping, adding effects/filters, adding typography etc. We used photoshop for the poster and the magazine cover. Although we used other technological devices, Photoshop was the main tool because it had elements that provides more creative features.
• Facebook is also a social networking site. I used facebook to promote our media products. Facebook is a globally recognised site where users can publish photos, comment, like, subscribe and share media products. This was beneficial because it allowed us to communicate with our audience during our process of evaluation.
• Hotmail is a web-based email service that allows people to communicate using each others email. This was used during the planning and research processes where we got into contact with BBC for permission.