Enterprise Architect supports most modelling languages and notations i.e. UML, BPMN, SysML, and ArchiMate. Whether EA is used to build models for a software application, identify business processes, define the system with the MBSE approach, or carry the IT landscape via the business, application and technical layers, customizing the notation with stereotypes and adding tailored features is almost a recurring request. Automated tasks and additional features can be built using EA API via scripts, add-ins, external tools, etc.
Based on a large number of scripts implemented for clients involved in software, data, and systems engineering, Guillaume will share his experience on this growing activity over the past years:
- Overview of the covered topics (custom Excel import/export, model QA, save users' time in avoiding repetive or time consuming tasks, manage EA users & groups via Excel, run a reverse on unsupported languages such as Fortran...)
- Demonstration of a selection of scripts.
- The need to organize and name scripts.
- Debug scripts.
- Compatibility with different DBMS and the Cloud connexion
- Hints and custom scripts to publish scripts
- Addressing the lack of sub menus with more than 20 scripts
- Automatically trigger scripts with Geert's free ea-matic add-in