Your social benefit marketplace: What data would you need?
Your social benefit marketplace:
What data would you need?
Keisha, Paul, Sheetal
○ Intro – 5 mins
○ A social benefit marketplace, data value chain – 5 mins
○ Brainstorm and pick 2 themes – 10 mins
○ 2 working groups on a theme each - 25 mins
○ Present back & Discuss – 30 mins
○ How Hacker helper fits in – 10 mins
○ Close & Feedback – 5 mins
A brief intro
○ Team Intro
○ TechSoup Global aims to help social benefit organisations
use technology and data to maximise their impact.
○ Aims to work as a catalyst to streamline philanthropic
resources into a social benefit market place
○ An ecosystem for Civil Society where “give & get” trading of
value occurs amongst a large set of stake holders.
○ Data plays a massive part in this…
Data Value Chain
Social Benefit Marketplace
Sub market or Theme
- Smoking and drinking
Many themes run through the Eco system.
- Data: what types of data/entities is needed?
- Contacts: a network of people/sme’s
- Tools: what is required to add value to the data, come to insights
- Knowledge, Best Practice
• What themes are relevant for you here?
• Select top 2
For your selected theme:
○ Facilitator can capture and present back.
1. What data is relevant to the theme
○ Entities: describe them briefly
○ Data acquisition? Where?
○ Where are the experts on this data?
○ Can we get access?
○ Are there existing orgs working on this already?
3. What tools & skills would we need to drive data up the
4. List the major opportunities & blockers