2. 9th highest car density
Shortages in parking
Can take time using public
Car ownership is
14-18% of monthly spen
City centre entrance fees
Traffic in Malta
3. Transport Fees in Malta
Taxi price range
Sliema to Airport (25 min, 12 km): €18 - €21 (€0.72 -
€0.84 per min)
From 4.40 € start + 1.10 €/km
Sliema to Airport (25 min, 12 km): €14.30 (€0.57 per
€0.75 using a monthly pass
€1.50/€2.00 single journey in winter/summer
€3.00 night bus
Car rental (with full insurance)
€30 - €40 per day when booking for a week in high
season and €20 in low season
Pay as you go: €1.50 for the first 30 min, €1 for the
next 30 min
Membership starting from €15 (weekly) to €80
annually - first 30 min for free, €1 for the next 30 min
4. MOBILITY AS A SERVICE:
1. CAR SHARING
2. BIKE SHARING
3. PEDELEC SHARING
4. E-MOTORCYCLE SHARING
5. SCOOTER SHARING
6. TRANSPORT ON DEMAND SERVICES USING ELECTRIC BUSES
7. TRANSPORT ON DEMANDS USING ELECTRIC CABS
1. DELIVERY OF GOODS – LAST MILE DELIVERY
5. E-CAR SHARING SERVICE :
450 EXCLUSIVE PUBLIC CAR PARKING SPACES
150 EV FLEET
225 EV CHARGING NETWORK
REAL-TIME APP /BOOKING SYSTEM
7. Car Sharing Plans
A2B (one way)
Pay by Minute
Pay by hour/daily
Lease your car
8. REGISTER - Sign up for our service and become a member of the
car sharing community.
FIND - Find an available car nearby
DRIVE - Drive to your desired destination.
PARK - Park the car in any of our
designated parking spots.
How does it work?
11. Development Applications Bicycle/Pedelec Sharing
System, and the setting up of such structures
• An applicant must obtain from the Planning Authority the necessary permits and/or a
no objection thereof.
• Where an application is submitted on Government land it requires an Encroachment
Permit from the Lands Authority. In addition, the applicant must obtain a No Objection
from the respective Local Council where the said application is submitted in an area
which has been devolved from the Lands Authority to the Local Council.
An annual Encroachment Permit Fee set by the Lands Authority shall be that of €50.
In addition to the aforementioned fee, a €50 fee per square meter occupied by the
docking stations should also apply.
• Once the applicant is granted permission from the Planning Authority and the Lands
Authority, an application with Transport Malta is required. The application should
– the permit or no objection from the Planning Authority;
– the Encroachment Permit from the Lands Authority;
– no objection from the respective Local Council, where applicable;
– copy of an insurance policy; and
– the respective receipts that all necessary fees have been paid. (Planning Permit &
12. be the Authority responsible for identifying the designated parking stations
for the bicycle/pedelec sharing systems. Where applicable, it may also
consult and coordinate with the respective Local Councils.
• The Lands Authority may refuse to issue Encroachment Permits for any
proposed designated parking spaces if it becomes aware that the public
space will become cluttered with bicycle/pedelec docking stations.
• Transport Malta will be the sole Authority responsible to issue the
operating license for Bicycle/Pedelec Sharing Systems. Conformity with
the road safety criteria set-out by Transport Malta is to be adhered to prior
to the granting of the license.
• Transport Malta should solely consider applications for bicycle/ pedelec
sharing system which allows for a docking station. No other forms or
systems would be considered.
• The annual licence fee payable to Transport Malta shall be that of €200.
13. • B. Minimum Requirements or Regulatory Code
• C. Guidelines for the Design and Placement of
Bike/Pedelec Sharing Docking Stations