Grow America: Alan E. Hall, Keys to Successful Entrepreneurship
Keys to Successful Entrepreneurship Alan E. Hall Founder and Chair Grow America
Overview1. Know the Customers’ Needs2. Provide the Perfect Solution3. Sell, Sell, Sell4. Take Care of the Customer5. Hire the Right Employees and Keep them Happy6. Money for Growth7. Build a Great Culture8. Involve Mentors
1. Know the Customers’ Needs• Find out what they want. Emotional and functional• Find out what they are using now.• Find out where they buy, when, why, how much the spend.
2. Provide the Perfect Solution • Talk to the customer before hand to learn what they want. • Design, build and deliver exactly what the customer wants.
3. Sell, Sell, Sell• No company can survive with out revenues with good margins• Know the competition.• Overcome objections.• Be persistent.
4. Take Care of the Customer • Under promise, over deliver • Keep commitments • Surprise and delight • Respect, honor • Promptly solve issues.
5. Hire the Right Employees and Keep them Happy• Competent• Capable• Compatible• Committed• Character• Cultural• Compensation• Market wages and benefits• Promotions• Education, training• Recognition, awards• Information
6. Money for Growth • Self • Family and Friends • Angels • Bankers • Venture capitalists
7. Build a Great Culture• Team work• Innovation• Integrity• Client focus• Results oriented• Cooperation• Openness• Celebration
8. Involve Mentors • Executives with experience in your industry • Attorneys • Accountants • Investors • Advisors; Score – Any government business agency