Are you struggling to manage the challenges of caring for a loved one? Feeling overwhelmed or exhausted by juggling family, work, home and caregiving responsibilities? Are you a Health or senior care professional witnessing your patients’ families struggling and wonder how to help them? When facing challenges, resilience provides the capacity to handle tough decisions, to persevere and prevail. When tapping resilience, the daunting becomes do-able; difficult experiences turn into learning experiences.
Both family caregivers and the professionals who support them are invited to view this presentation. This workshop includes 6 parts that will teach you empowering and sustaining resilience-building strategies:
- Defining resilience and why it is important for family caregivers
- How lack of resilience impacts health care and home care organizations
- A method for assessing caregiver resilience
- Practical ways to build caregiver resilience
- Effective strategies professionals use to promote caregiver resilience
- Helpful resources caregivers can use to build resilience