Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
Highly accomplished retail operations expert dedicated to leading and coaching for excellence. Fifteen
years of managerial expertise delivering strong operational results by providing uncompromised
associate mentoring and customer service experiences. A proven ability to think strategically and
creatively, drive results and lead teams through an array of business challenges.
• Providing exceptional retail communication, direction and coaching led to district results in 2014
of 90% on Internal Retail Audits, Department Operational Assessment scores of 92%, and a
positive shrink variance to accrual of 200K. Also achieved a positive shrink variance to accrual of
400K in 2013.
• Led and supported district through unprecedented Market Basket Strike. Timely managerial and
logistical decisions in regards to staffing, equipment, transportation, vendor relations, supplies
and product procurement resulted in sales growth of 50% - 125% amongst all thirteen locations.
• Created a dynamic Marketing Defense Plan in Southern NH for the entry of new market
competition. Collaborated and challenged business partners to push the boundaries of strategy
in merchandising programs, store layout, customer service, product knowledge, Pharmacy
offerings, and store signage. Resulted in projected sales loss under budget and store sales
growth over last 52 weeks.
• Designed and developed a store "Refresh" program. Focused on restoring outdated facilities
through the use of retail associates. This process generated free cash flow by deferring total
store remodels for several years. Refresh cost 50-100K. Remodel cost 2-10 million.
• Crafted and implemented a 36 store Produce Margin Investment marketing plan. Led a cross
functional business partner group and drove store foot traffic. Over the four month plan,
Produce item movement increased 4.5%, Total store movement increased 1.0%, Transaction
Count grew by 1.2% and stores saw a 0.2% sales lift. Tactics included Mailers, FSI, Flyer, In-store
signage, coupons, Catalina, online and social media.
• Mentored and coached three Assistant Store Managers over a four year period and developed
them into highly effective leaders earning them all promotions to Store Manager. Excellent
track record for talent growth.
• Received nomination letters from associates for Hannaford's most prestigious award, the John
J.Russell Award for Excellence. Nominees must possess the highest standards of honesty and
integrity, generous in developing others, thinks creatively, is an inspiration to others and sets
high standards of excellence for self and others.
Retail Operations Specialist 08/2008 to Present
Hannaford Bros. Co. – Southern NH
• Lead a thirteen store district ensuring all operating procedures, merchandising guidelines, new
programs, inventory control, customer service and training is executed to company standard.
• A change leader making global impacts in all facets of the business leading to improved retail
process, tools, education and execution. Some impacts include internal audits, operational
assessments, COOL, food recall procedures, ordering systems, and standard practice updates.
• Conduct leadership training classes for associate development on diverse subject matter
including Meat 101, Train the Trainer, Kronos Scheduling, Holiday Merchandising, Model Store
and Evening Operations College.
• Training resource for newly hired operations specialists supporting their on boarding and
development into the role.
• Maintain a strong district trainer program along with creating training outlines for retail and
department manager trainees building organizational depth.
• Identify both sales and inventory control opportunities. Make suggestions on store/district
behalf to add new programs, deliveries, merchandising layouts, planograms, etc…
• Measure the effectiveness of store operating systems and provide guidance to improve results.
• Provide technical expertise, leadership and operational feedback to store leaders, directors and
business partners. Participate in new store and remodel grand opening responsibilities.
• Other accomplishments include creating the current Center Store structure, executing a robust
Market Basket merchandising plan which reduced budgeted impacts by over 350K, and
developed a standard for business process change.
Marketing Strategist (one year personal development opportunity) 01/2012 to 01/2013
Hannaford Bros. Co. – Scarborough, ME
• Developed marketing business strategy plans for remodeled and relocated stores in Norwell,
Ma, West Sand Lake, NY, and Bradford, VT. Grew sales by 5-10% in each location after GO.
• Created defense marketing plans for highly competitive regions. The Easton, MA defense plan
grew sales by 7% despite a new major competitor coming to market. This all inclusive robust
mixed media plan featured flyer activity, mailers, ROP's, FSI's, In-store signage, online presence,
Catalina, and cart compares.
• Collaborated with Merchandising, Category and Pricing to create Co-marketing events which
included Superbowl, March Madness and Holiday Baking.
• Created themed sales flyer events utilizing private and national brand to build customer loyalty
and support retail growth. Themes included summer grilling, back to school and harvest sale.
• Organized and managed chain wide sales building programs including several successful spend
$100 dollars receive 10% off your next order. This drove transaction count, items per basket,
and average order size also resulting in record redemption rates.
• Built a redesigned tourism marketing plan saving the organization 100K by changing the
conventional tactics to include a robust online campaign and renegotiating
• Designed and tested a sampling program teaming up private brand products with national
brand. Program cut cost by 50% grew sales by 15% on sampled items.
• Updated and maintained retail store signage. Supported community relations team.
Store Manager 05/2005 to 08/2008
Hannaford Bros. Co. – Lunenburg, MA, Chelmsford, MA, Hampstead, NH
• Led 100-300 retail associates to deliver exceptional customer service and store experiences
• Managed 25 to 52 million dollars in sales per year resulting in earnings excess of 3 million.
• Achieved becoming the designated training store for the district through developing and leading
a high functioning team of department leaders.
• District trainer and special project resource. Supported conversion of Victory Supermarkets to
• Deliver on all financial goals, sales targets and inventory control.
• Ensure operational excellence, implement and maintain company programs, follow
merchandising guidelines and operate within all company, state and government regulations.
• Monitor market and competitor activity, plan and forecast for future trends (sales, staffing)
• Maintain an open door policy, resolve all HR issues quickly and consistently, provide
performance counseling and build a productive and positive work environment.
• Provide clean, well merchandised friendly stores and serve our communities.
Center Store Specialist 08/2004 to 05/2005
Hannaford Bros. Co. – MA/NH/VT
Assistant Store Manager 08/2000 to 08/2004
Hannaford Bros. Co. – Chelmsford, MA, Nashua, NH, Manchester, NH
Retail Management Trainee 08/1999 to 08/2000
Hannaford Bros. Co. – MA/NH
Roche Bros. Supermarkets 01/1995 to 07/1999
Center Store Associate/Receiver
University of Massachusetts Amherst Isenberg School of Management May 1999
Bachelor of Business Administration Business Management Major GPA: 3.9
Graduated Cum Laude achieving Dean's List five out of eight semesters
Community and Interests
• American Heart, NH Food Bank, Special Olympics, March of Dimes
• Health and Fitness, Sailing, Culinary Arts, Automotive History, Sports, Traveling, Fishing and