Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

GTM Strategy: Fitbit Premium Enhance Project

7,513 views

Published on

Final presentation of Go-to-Market Strategy for Fitbit Premium Project for University of Washington Software Product Management Certificate Program. June 2013

Published in: Business, Technology
  • Be the first to comment

GTM Strategy: Fitbit Premium Enhance Project

  1. 1. GTMJune 5, 2013PremiumTMSubscription ServiceFinal PresentationGreg and Nathan
  2. 2. Product /Value Propositionto lead healthier, more active lives:• Make it easier: more active, eat smarter, get enough sleep• Core belief: Small changes add up to big resultsHow? Create innovative, inspiring products that :• make people more aware of everyday activities AND• motivate them to do more.Fitbit helps people…
  3. 3. The Fitbit Story So Far…Google Trends (past 12 months)Fitbit = 2 x Nike FuelbandFitbit = 3 x Jawbone UPF = Fitbit One Launch/Xmas/New Year ResolutionsD = Fitbit Flex AnnouncedA = Fitbit Flex Available
  4. 4. Strategic OverviewInitial Objective:“Develop subscription software / services in a way that engages existingcustomers and attracts new ones.”1. Energize Customer Base (reduce Churn rate) via better UX2. Retain Base  Maintain Trust/Loyalty"We are never going to be an advertising- or marketing-driven company.That has earned us a lot of trust with our users. That is primary.”3. Develop/enhance Premium UX as Value Add for Fitbit @ Work
  5. 5. Brand Strategy /Target Audience• Awareness = High• Market Share = Medium• Likeability = HighMarketing Strategy:Advertise / Extend Brand toincrease Market shareDirecting Marketing-focusedon Key Channels for TargetTarget Persona Trends/Needs:• 25-50 years old• Working parent• Time is precious• Balance Work/Family/Health• Requires Ease of Use• Set good example for family.
  6. 6. Market Positioning - TrendsGoogle Trends - Fitness• Peak Interest in fitness in Q4 – New Year’s resolutions
  7. 7. Go To Market Campaign• Print = $106K• Social Media Marketing = $134K• Display Ads (Affiliate Program) = $23,000Marketing Campaign: $264 KDuration: Q4, 2013 – Q4, 2014
  8. 8. GTM Campaign ROI
  9. 9. Go To Market Campaign $264K 2013-14
  10. 10. Premium CAC by ChannelChannel PremiumConversionRatePremiumUnitsAcquiredContributionMargin(Sales mix)CACMagazines:- People- Working Mother8.2%43%2,28048458%8%$39$35Social Media:- Facebook 11% 1,283 33% $105Display Ads:- Fitbit Affiliate Prog 2% 60 2% $6
  11. 11. Go To MarketObjectivesMarketing Targets for 2013-2014:•Increase Premium users 10% by end of Q2 2014• Increase Fitbit device users 15% as of Q1 2014•Increase overall Premium users 25% by Q1 2015
  12. 12. The AskApprove $264 K GTM Campaign for Premium EnhanceWhat we get:1. Energize Customer Base (reduce Churn rate) via better UX2. Retain User Base  Maintain Trust/Loyalty"We are never going to be an advertising- or marketing-driven company.That has earned us a lot of trust with our users. That is primary.”3. Develop/enhance Premium UX as Value Add forFitbit @ Work

×