Successfully reported this slideshow.
6914 San Mateo Blvd, Dallas, Texas, 75223
Telephone: (214) 321-3650
Cell: (469) 831-6472
• I have 37 years experience as a legal secretary.
• My skills incorporate extensive knowledge in both corporate and litigation law.
• I have assisted both senior partners and associates in their legal practices.
• I have worked in positions which required good people skills.
Various Legal Staffing Agencies and Freelance Assignments,
Dallas, Texas July 2005 – Present
Worked temporary assignments in various areas, including business litigation, personal
injury, medical malpractice, labor and employment, products liability, oil and gas, real
estate, environmental, entertainment. I have been employed by both Plaintiff and
• Drafted documents, correspondence and pleadings.
• E-filed documents with the court.
• Scanned. faxed and emailed legal documents. correspondence, charts, etc. to
• In charge of obtaining medical records from various health care givers, pertaining
• Engaged in communication with the courts to follow up on filings and set
• Extensive transcription of both correspondence and legal documents.
• Worked independently to prepare discovery and other legal documents and
• Edited and proof read legal documents, correspondence, memos, emails and other
• Redacted documents and performed Bates labeling.
• Research on various levels.
• Scheduled depositions and prepared supporting documentation.
• Maintained files.
• Updated and maintained a client/matter list.
• Updated client contacts list.
• Scheduled meetings and trips.
• In charge of incoming and outgoing mail.
• Performed receptionist duties.
• Entered time.
• Other duties as assigned.
Strasburger & Price: February 1986 – May 2005
• I was initially employed at this firm as a contract legal secretary and was given
assignments in many areas of law, including business litigation, bankruptcy,
aviation, personal injury, product liability, trusts and estate, contract, corporate,
• Subsequently, I was offered and accepted the position of legal secretary to a
senior partner and paralegal. My partner specialized in antitrust law and business
• I was responsible for preparing and editing legal documents, correspondence,
reports and charts.
• Proof reading and finalizing pleadings for filing.
• Filing of pleadings and motions with the courts.
• Preparing and finalizing discovery motions.
• Dissemination of pleadings and discovery to opposing attorneys.
• Upkeep of files.
• Setting up depositions and preparing all paperwork pertaining thereto.
• Coordinating travel arrangements.
• I had extensive client contact in this position.
• Coordinating with the paralegal in preparation for trial.
• I assisted my attorney in all facets of his practice.
St. Mary’s Junior School, London, England Academic
St. Mary’s Senior School, London, England Academic
Tottenham College, London, England Academic and Business
SOFTWARE AND SKILLS
Copy and fax machines
MS Word 2010
MS Word XP
Word Perfect 12
Amicus Attorney 5
Typing 100 wpm
Shorthand 100 wpm