• What is a fundraiser?
• Campaign Introduction
• A step-by-step Introduction
• Success stories & Learnings
• Tips for Success
What is a fundraiser?
Fundraisers are a tool on GlobalGiving that
allows you to become a fundraising expert
for your supporters.
•Fundraisers are a page your supporters can
make and personalize on the GlobalGiving
•These pages are where family & friends can
come give to a cause their loved one
•Once a fundraiser has been created, your
Why create a fundraiser?
• Fundraisers allow you to expand your
• Fundraisers are a great way to get your
donors and supporters involved and
helps them feel a sense of
responsibility over the success of
What is the Fundraiser
• The Fundraiser Campaign
was created to help you
motivate your supporters
to create a fundraiser page
and raise funds for your
organization this September.
How does it work?
• You identify supporters in your
network who are passionate about
your cause and ask them to create a
• Your supporters create a fundraiser
page on GlobalGiving.
• We provide support!
• Fundraisers that raise at least $500
from at least 10 donors receive an
additional $50 match for the project
from GlobalGiving and become
eligible for prizes—airline tickets (fare
restrictions apply), flip cam, and more!
• The top three organizations with the
most fundraisers that raise at least
$500 from 10 donors will win bonus
awards of $2,000, $1,000, and $500
Terms and Conditions – The
• The Fundraiser Campaign begins on September 1, 2013 at
12:01 am EDT and ends on September 30, 2013 at 11:59
• Fundraisers must raise at least $500 from at least 10
unique donors in order to qualify for the $50 match, donor
prizes, and financial bonus awards.
• Limit one fundraiser per person. If a user creates multiple
fundraisers, only one of the fundraisers will be eligible for
• Only online donations (credit card, PayPal, or gift card)
are eligible for this campaign. Donations made by check or
text-to-give are not eligible.
• Only donations made on www.globalgiving.org are eligible.
Donations made on www.globalgiving.co.uk or any
GlobalGiving cobrands (Nike, Eli Lilly, Give for Youth,
among others) are not eligible.
How do our supporters
start a fundraiser?
• A FAQ page that you can guide your
supporters to with a step-by-step guide on
how to start a fundraiser! You can reach
this at this link:
• This page will also allow you to download
a PDF to send to donors
What are some Frequently
• Can an organization learn who makes a
Yes! But the donor must choose to allow this when they
create the fundraiser.
• How can I share a fundraiser?
Using the link at in the URL address box or choosing to
share from one of the facebook, twitter or email icons on
• Can international donors make or donate to
• Can people donate with checks?
Tips for Success-For Project
• Set your goal
• Identify your network
• Write your pitch
• Follow-up (pick up the phone)
Learning from the Masters-
We have three case studies you can found here on the
GlobalGiving tools & training blog
•Donors can use Facebook to get more support by
creating groups and events.
•Use GlobalGiving’s connection to prove you’ve been
reviewed and are in fact a legitimate organization.
•Having donors reach out to their networks in
•Telling the story of why they created the fundraiser
•Get creative! Have your donors think outside the box for
what they do with their fundraiser.