AASA Presentation - When Your Board No Longer Loves You
1. WHAT TO DO WHEN
YOUR BOARD NO
LONGER LOVES YOU!
AASA National Conference
February 13, 2020
Glenn ”Max” McGee, President HYA and Associates
Bhavna Sharma-Lewis, Superintendent Diamond Lake (IL) SD #76
Greg Krikorian, Board Member, Glendale (CA) USD
2. REMEMBER …
• One small crack doesn’t mean that you are
broken; it means your were put to the test and
you did not fall apart.
• The bigger the setback, the greater the
• See the glass as half full … and then fill it up!
3. TOPICS FOR TODAY
1. Introduction: Perspectives on Warning Signs
2. Rebuilding and rebranding. (Bhavna)
3. Applying for and landing a new job(Max)
4. What does a board look for when interviewing
a superintendent for a job knowing that he or
she may not have left the former district
under the best of circumstances? (Greg)
4. TOPICS FOR TODAY
4. How does a board know when a
superintendent candidate is the right "fit"
for the district (Greg, Max) and how does a
superintendent interviewing for a job know
the fit is right with the board? (Bhavna,
5. Closing: Grace and Gratitude
6. Questions and Comments