Mobile Devices as the New Blend for Student
Collaboration and Engagement
High Level Student Engagement.
Collaboration and Team Building.
Developing Critical Thinking Skills.
Enhancing Campus Teaching.
What’s next for learning..
“Never doubt the power of a
small group of people to change
the world. Nothing else ever has”.
CU in the Future
“Every society honours its live
conformists and its dead troublemakers.“
No budgets or humans were harmed in the making of this presentation
“If you don’t like change,
you’re going to like irrelevance even less.”
Reference & Acknowledgement with Thanks
• Mwanza-Simwami, D (2016). Fostering collaborative learning with Mobile Web2.0 in semi-Formal Settings.
International Journal of Mobile and Blended learning. Vol.8 (1).
• Marin, V.I., Jaaskela, P., Hakkinen, P., Juntunen, M., Rasku-Puttonen, H., & Vesisenaho, M. (2016). Seamless
learning Environments in Higher Education with mobile devices and examples. International Journal of
Mobile and Blended learning Vol. 8(1).
• Vieira, L. & Coutinho, C. (2016). Urban Games: How to increase the motivation, interaction and perceived
learning of students in the schools. International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning Vol. 8 (2).
• Johnson, L., Adams Becker, S., Estrada, V. & Freeman, A. (2014). NMC Horizon Report: 2014 Higher
Education Edition. Austin, Texas: The New Media Consortium.
• Bakr, S. & Ahmad, S.E.A(2015). Sultan Qabous University Students’ attitudes towards using smart phone
educational applications. Proceedings of the 14th European conference on e-Learning. University of
Hertfordshire, Hatfield, UK 29-30 October 2015.
• Churchill, D., Lu, J., Chiu, T.K.F., Fox, B. (2016). Mobile Learning Design. Theories and Application. Lecture
notes in educational technology. Spinger Science + Business Media Singapore
• Wang, M. J., Shen, R., Novak D. & Pan, X. (2009). The impact of mobile learning on students’ learning
behaviours and performance: Report from a large blended classroom. British Journal of Education
Technology. 40 (4) 673-695.