1. Despite not being a player in the tech space, this company is known for owning a lot of internet domains, 29,925 at last count to be exact. Most of these were bought in the early years of the internet by the company, fearful that other people would use it for purposes that would ruin it’s image of a family oriented company. Id this giant.
2.ID X. They went to the same school and then joined the same company: F L Smith and Co. The company sent one of them in 1933-1934 to India to set up a cement factory in Coimbatore. The other guy joined in 1935. They set up a cement factory which later went on to be part of ACC. These men formed a partnership in 1938 and started importing and later manufacturing dairy equipments. What began thus? And who were these gentlemen?
Henning Holck-Larsen and Søren Kristian Toubro. L&T home
3. X was established as a patent medicine business in Mumbai in 1893 by K. Nageswara Rao Pantulu who was a journalist, social reformer and freedom fighter.The headquarters were shifted to Chennai in 1914.Even today,the words "Bombay" are inscribed along with X on the lid of its most well-known product. Rao popularised this product by distributing it free-of-cost at music concerts.
4. In 1988, Peter Shu founded _____ in Taipei. Its first products were "JetMate" laser printer driver for producing high quality Chinese characters and "KeyPro" software protection system. In 1989, it started making memory products for laser printers.
5. Students of the Academy could choose to graduate with a degree in B.A (Babe Attractor), M.B.A (Major Babe Attractor), PHD (Promoter of Huge Desire) or an M.B.B.S (Magnet for Beautiful Babes). Subjects offered at the Academy were Hottieculture, Lasstronomy, Libidology and Chillosophy to name a few. The subjects were divided into 3 semesters and students had to read up on all the subjects and give the exams which were conducted on the website itself. All graduates from the X were invited to the graduation party held at Vie Lounge and Deck in Juhu, Mumbai and the Academy topper got to go on an all expenses paid trip to the Rio De Janeiro Carnival in Brazil.
Whats in a name....6. Facebook had blocked the accounts of all the subscribers belonging to X community of Assam thinking the names were false and fabricated. They were unknown to the fact that X is an ethnic tribe of Assam which has a rich historical background in the state history. What name are we talking about here?.
The Chutiya community of Assam. (pronounced as Sutiya) Home
7. Michel Lisowski was born on April 16th, 1950 in Warsaw into a family of Jewish descent. After high school Lisowski was granted a scholarship for Mathematics at Princeton University. Subsequently he started a textile business in Thailand called "Eden Group". In 1991, Eden Group employed more than 4000 workers. When the East Asian Financial Crisis hit Thailand in 1996, Michel Lisowski sold the business. After he left Thailand, Lisowski moved to Paris where he noticed the demand for restaurant and clubs for glamorous video programming, which prompted him to start X in 1997. ID X
8. A _______ is a politically unstable country that economically depends upon the exports of a limited resource (such as minerals), and usually features a society composed of stratified social classes, such as a great, impoverished working class and a ruling plutocracy, composed of the elites of business, politics, and the military.
Cocaine! It was first introduced in this manneras a cure for toothache home
10. Sergey Brin and Larry Page had met Dr.APJ Kalam during the latter’s presidency. Kalam gave them some inputs which they added later to their product based on his feedback? What was it?
Kalam had chided them that hecouldn’t use Google search using hismother tongue Tamil, this led Page andBrin to launch Google search in theregional languages of India. home
11.Whoever cheats and thereby dishonestly induces the person deceived any property to any person, or to make, alter or destroy the whole or any part of a valuable security, or anything whichis signed or sealed, and which is capable of being converted into a valuable security, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.The above text comes under which section of the Indian penal code.
12. X started his first business in April 1976 at the age of 18, with a capital investment of Rs. 20,000 borrowed from his father. His first business was to make crankshafts for local bicycle manufacturers. In 1980, he along with his brothers Rakesh, Rajan started an Import Enterprise and imported thousands of Suzuki Motorss portable electric-power generators from Japan. X says, "In 1983, the government imposed a ban on the import of gensets. I was out of business overnight. Everything I was doing came to a screeching halt. I was in trouble. The question then was: what should I do next? Then, opportunity came calling. While in Taiwan, I noticed the popularity of the push-button phone -- something which India hadnt seen then. We were still using those rotary dials with no speed dials or redials. I sensed my chance and embraced the telecom business. I started marketing telephones, answering/fax machines under the brand name Beetel and the company picked up really fast." Who are we talking about..
13. Instead of hours and minutes, the mean solar day is divided up into 1000 parts called "beats". Each beat lasts 1 minute and 26.4 seconds. Although the company does not specify units smaller than one beat, third party implementations have extended the standard by adding "centibeats" or "sub-beats" as a decimal fraction, for extended precision: @248.00. There are no time zones; instead, the new time scale of Biel Mean Time (BMT) is used, based on the companys headquarters in Biel, Switzerland. What am I talking about?
14. D I Corp. is a semiconductor company with a certain Mr. Park Won- ho as its controlling stakeholder. The stocks of this company which was at 1,500 won during early august has surged to 3,645 won in the last few weeks. The reason for this surge has been attributed to .......
You know who! Oppan Gangnam Style! Mr. Park Won Ho is PSY’S dad. home
15. X was founded as a restaurant by Parampalli Yajnanarayana Maiya and his brothers in the year 1924. X was headed by Sadanand Maiya (son of Yajnanarayana Maiya) until it was sold to Orkla, a Norwegian company for $80 Million in March 2007. He went to to start Y as a direct competition for X. ID X and Y
3. X was created by Theodor T. In Bern, Switzerland in 1908. The products name is a portmanteau combining Theodors name with the Italian word for a type of nougat. The logo has a likeness to the matterhorn peak and the pentahedral shape of the product was inspired by this mountain. ID X
8.The island that you see on the far end is the North Bay Island / Coral island which is a very well known tourist place in Andaman island. This image here is also seen somewhere else in our daily lives. Where ?
1. X was born in 1837, a descendant of Welsh ancestors who had come to Massachusetts bay colony in 1636. X was a banker and a corporate arbitrator who settled disagreements on his 165 yacht Corsair. On Oct 24,1907 NYSE pres Ransom Thomas asked X for help as there were insufficient funds to keep NYSE open until its closing time of 3 pm. X raised 25 million. On Oct 29 the mayor of NY asked X to come up with $30 million or else the city wouldve defaulted on the payment.
2. The X chess tournament takes place every year, usually in January, in a small town called Wijk aan Zee, part of the larger Beverwijk in the province of North Holland in the Netherlands. It was called the Hoogovens tournament until 1999 after which the Dutch steel and aluminium producer Koninklijke Hoogovens merged with British Steel to form Y. Since the purchase of Y by X, the tournament is called the X Chess Tournament.The series has continued to be numbered sequentially from its beginnings and hence, the 2011 event was referred to as the 73rd X Chess Tournament on the official website.
3. In medieval England there were nomadic mercenaries who wandered the country side and would sell their services to the highest bidder. These were hardened fighters who lived solitary lives in the wilderness. They did not have the luxury of servants to polish their armor and it would oxidize to a blackish hue, and they came to be known as black knights. At local town festivals they would have exhibition jousting matches in which the winner of the fight would win the loser’s weapons and armor. The local gentry, softened by the good life, would lose to these black knights. The nomadic knights didn’t have much use for an extra set of armor and would sell it back to them immediately after the fight. Origin of what?
4. Malana is a tiny, mysterious village in Himachal Pradesh, supposedly inhabited by descendants of Alexander’s army. People in Malana consider all non-Malani to be inferior and consequently untouchable. Visitors to Malana town must pay particular attention to stick to the prescribed paths and not to touch any of the walls, houses or people there. If this does occur, visitors are expected to pay a forfeit sum, that will cover the sacrificial slaughter of a lamb in order purify the object that has been made impure. Some people see this as a way they use to protect their interests in xxxxx The malana Cream , which is supposed to be the world’s best xxxxx is produced in this village. What?
5. X first met Y by chance at a railway station in early 60s, when he was travelling by train from Hyderabad to Delhi. X let Y in the AC coupe, where he started sketching him, but he was not “impressed” with the drawing. A few years later Y came to X’s house with a guest and again some days later, the painter came asking for a loan of Rs. 600. After Y sought another loan a few months later, X offered him a job at his company to do some paintings for a monthly salary of Rs. 800. He was elevated to the position of Art Advisor at his company in May 1986 at a salary of Rs. 2,500 per month plus accommodation. Identify X & Y
6. Anil Moolchandani started out in his father’s saree shop in Delhi’s bustling Kamla Nagar, the haunt of Delhi University students. As he hunted for ways to grow, he went into trading in a variety of commodities. Finally, he hit the jackpot in a most unusual way — by printing songbooks with lyrics from Abba’s hit songs. This was 1979, when the Swedish group’s catchy numbers were still top-of-the- pops around the world. Name the company that started thus.
7.Every day at 10.30 and 15.00 local time, five representatives of investment banks meet in a small room at Rothschilds London headquarters on St Swithins Lane. In the centre is the chairperson, who is by tradition appointed by the Rothschild bank, although the bank itself has largely withdrawn from the trading. The lead participant will begin the fixing process by proposing a price near the current price. The participants then simulate the result of trading at that price. First, each bank looks at its limit orders and determines how many are eligible to trade at that price. They can also consider how much their proprietary trading desk would trade at the same price. The bank then states a single value, the net amount (in ounces) they wish to buy or sell. After each bank provides this value, they determine if the overall net amount is 0. If so, all transactions succeed and the fix is complete. The chair then states, "There are no flags, and were fixed." What is happening here..
8. After the Great Fire of London, Nicholas If- Jesus-Christ-Had-Not-Died-For-Thee-Thou- Hadst-Been-Damned Barbon, a physician and a doctor played a major role in the rebuilding of London. He along with 11 other associates pioneered a concept/industry which has become quite popular today.
After the great fire of London in 1666, theconcept of insurance was started. home
9.The lower keys rabbit is a subspecies of the marsh rabbit widespread in southern USA. Its distinguished from the adjacent subspecies in skull proprotions and sculpturing in its darker coloration. Its about 16 inches long with brownish dorsal and greyish ventral fur. The rabbit was named in the journal of mammalogy in 1984 by James Lazell Jr. after this person, whose organization funded James research on the animals. Who is it named after?
10. Welspun Group is an Indian business conglomerate with interests in Steel, Steel pipes, Infrastructure, Energy and Oil & Gas and textiles. For the past two years they have exported 87,538 and 92,493 pieces of X for Y "Y embodies quality and perfection, and by making us a preferred partner it reinforces the excellence and quality standards we adhere to for producing our products" ,said the Welspun Group Chairman BK Goenka
11. X falsified his date of birth and enlisted in the United States Army at the age of fifteen, completing his service commitment as a mule handler in Cuba.He was honorably discharged after four months. X never held a steady job and worked as a steamboat pilot, insurance salesman, railroad fireman and farmer. His wife left him for this reason and her brother wrote X a letter saying, "She had no business marrying a no-good fellow like you who can’t hold a job". However, Xs fortunes turned after he opened a service station where he served home cooked ham,chicken and steaks.
12. In January 2011, the X opened a lockless branch in the village, the first of its kind in the country, taking note of the near-zero crime rate in the region. The local police were reported to be unhappy over this development and that it amounted to a breach of conditions, because the Central government of India has made it mandatory for all banks to have high security.The bank has doors,but they will always remain open. ID X and the reason behind this idea of a lockless branch.
United Commercial (UCO) Bank In Shani Shinganapur. home
13. Salman Rushdie in his memoirs had said that “My book Satanic Versus was to be published by X, a newly founded publishing house. However an act of greed on my part led me to betray my good friend Liz Calder. It eventually worked out for the best for her, as the fatwa threats would’ve sunk her publishing house X. Instead X survived and a few years later discovered an author Y, and publishing history was made.” ID X and Y
The only passengers in my compartment were a girl and a boy. I struck aconversation in French with the young girl. She talked about the travails of livingin an iron curtain country, until we were roughly interrupted by some policemenwho, I later gathered, were summoned by the young man who thought we werecriticising the communist government of Bulgaria.The girl was led away; my backpack and sleeping bag were confiscated. I wasdragged along the platform into a small 8x8 foot room with a cold stone floorand a hole in one corner by way of toilet facilities. I was held in that bitterly coldroom without food or water for over 72 hours.I had lost all hope of ever seeing the outside world again, when the dooropened. I was again dragged out unceremoniously, locked up in the guardscompartment on a departing freight train and told that I would be released 20hours later upon reaching Istanbul. The guards final words still ring in my ears -- "You are from a friendly country called India and that is why we are lettingyou go!"The journey to Istanbul was lonely, and I was starving. This long, lonely, coldjourney forced me to deeply rethink my convictions about Communism. Earlyon a dark Thursday morning, after being hungry for 108 hours, I was purged ofany last vestiges of affinity for the Left.I concluded that entrepreneurship, resulting in large-scale job creation, was theonly viable mechanism for eradicating poverty in societies.
15. The name “X” is always written complete with a hyphen. That’s because ‘the hyphen’ symbolizes the partnership or the link between the two founders. In a more profound meaning, the hyphen in the logo represents Claude Johnson, ‘a recognized authority on motoring matters at the time of the companys formation and the man who is accredited with building the name into what it is today’.ID X