RETechTO Meetup Homezilla Presentation Feb 1, 2010
The Neighbourhood Experts
HomeZilla: the monster of home data
HomeZilla is a website providing
Canadian home buyers and real estate
agents with a one-stop shop to find
Sandy Ward - CEO & Founder
• former Yahoo! (Sr. Engineering Manager)
• served on Yahoo! Canada's Sr. Management team
• company grew from 12 to 120
• managed six of Yahoo!‘s front pages
Canada, Quebec, Telemundo, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil
• worked in Silicon Valley with start-ups HotLinks &
AudioBasket and large companies like Cisco
Selling HomeZilla Analytics Data
Buyers: real estate companies, mortgage brokers, etc
First sale to Invis, Canada’s largest mortgage broker
Other future revenue streams
Large Housing Related Advertisers
Banks, Real Estate Companies, Mortgage Insurance, etc
Nationally Present Chains (ex: Tim Horton’s, Subway)
Real Estate Agents (ex: neighbourhood targeting)
• What do visitors want on my website?
• How can I keep visitors on the website longer?
• How Analytics helps an individual consumer
• How Analytics helps identify trends faster
• How it can help in planning & development
Imagine these Analytics with
1000 or 100,000 searches…
House 1 Profile House 2 Profile House 3 Profile
(downtown) (outskirts of city) (country)
< 1KM from a park < 1KM from a park < 1KM from a park
< 1KM from a pub < 1KM from a pub < 1KM from a pub
Searches Searches Searches
elementary schools elementary schools elementary schools
fitness centres grocery store restaurants
ttc coffee shops
HomeZilla provides ‘hidden’ trends to agents.
Home buyers purchase based on area.
Areas are defined by geo-data.
Agents can find ‘unknown’ similar areas
HomeZilla helps to make research easier!
Currently, offering access to geo-data.
In the future, offer access to geo-trend data.
We are in the early days of Geo-data driving
Thanks for your time!
Sandy Ward, CEO & Founder