We came up with a idea of a genre that we though that we would use. I
started off by looking at things such as the mask and chucky as we had
the idea of a movie that was a horror genre and by watching this movie
we took notes of what they all had in common. After seeing what the all
had in common with each other I decided on two ideas for a movie and
how they blended in with school setting. The first idea was a monkey
that was a cop and that he would find the criminals in the school and
arrest them. The other idea that we had was that a child was bullied
and got revenge on the people that bullied him by putting on a mask
which changed the way that he behaved. We discussed the options
between the movies and how they could be made in this school. We
figured out that the movie with the monkey cop would be hard to film in
a school environment but could be used as a way of starting using the
cameras and iMovie.
By not choosing the monkey that was a police officer we was
going to use that to help us get used to the software that we was
going to use. We chose the child that got bullied as it was easy
to set in the location of a school and meant. Also we chose this
because we are the same age as the people that this was
happening to so it was easy to get into character. I then
brainstormed our ideas and by doing so meant that we was able
to see what to do and film certain things on certain days so we
had a timeline to work with meaning that we was never behind
where we needed to be. I also made a storyboard with pictures
and then described what and where me and my group was
going to film each of the shots.
Skills Development Practice
I then started to film the idea that we wasn’t going to use as a
way of practicing with the software and cameras that we was
going to use. This helped me with our project as it meant that I
was able to get used to the camera and by doing this it meant
that our actual project was able to get on with our project quickly
and easily. Also by doing this I was able to edit our work quickly
and easily because we had been practicing with iMovie and by
practicing we was able to add effects to the movie. This helped
me to make the movie more efficiently without being annoyed by
the software that we was using when making our actual project.
Also it meant that when making the actual film I could edit easily
and film different shots to get the best quality.
After deciding on what movie we was going to use and
practicing with iMovie I then made our story board and planned
the way that we was going to make our movie. By making our
storyboard we was able to plan everyday of filming so there was
no time wasted. The storyboard meant that we was able to
easily and quickly get on with our work . We then decided on
what script we was going to make but then we decided on our
movie having no dialogue in it and by not having any dialogue in
the movie it meant that we didn’t have to make a script instead I
and my group made a profile of what we was going to do and at
what times so we can find out if we was behind our schedule.
Finally I took still pictures of where the shots would be taken and
put the next to the script so we knew where to go and when to
We started to film our movie after making our script and our
brainstorming. Then I started filming because at the start it was only me
Lewis and Charlie in the movie and this meant that we all had to do
filming and editing together. Firstly it was me and Lewis filming Charlie
(monster) this meant that we split up the filming between each other.
Then when it was Charlie filming me and Lewis this meant that we was
able to show us getting filmed by him. Then once we had finished
filming the certain parts of the movie Lewis and I started to edit them
we had to crop them which is what I had done. Then Lewis had added
certain special effects on the movie meaning that we was able to make
it the way we wanted the movie to be like for the first part of filming.
After Lewis had put effects on the movie I also did some and me and
Lewis added in text on the movie with everybody in the groups names.
after getting a base for our film we then found problems and parts
where we could extend on the movie.
When reshooting the movie and adding extra parts to it we had Myles
and Kieran. Myles helped with all the filming and also me and Charlie
also done some. Then after filming what we needed with the new parts
we done editing with Lewis and me we added in titles and music was
put on after being decided on by the group as a decision. We then
found problems such as there being shots out of focus and the movie
not being long enough so again we went filming with me Lewis and
Myles doing filming of Charlie. We then decided on adding them parts
to the movie. Finally Lewis edited them by cropping the clips and
changing the lighting and the sound with the help of Kieran. We found it
hard because of there being many different weather conditions outside
and this meant that I and my group was only able to film one day a
week because the weather conditions wasn’t the same as in the movie.
We chose the 28 days later theme song. This was chosen as
it creates a lot of tension in the opening scene also it make
the different parts in the movie link together. The music
speeds up and slows down as does the cuts of the movie.
The track follows the conventions of horror as its good at
building up tension. We was able to make cuts to our movie
along with the music and by doing so meant that more
tension was created and meaning that the horror genre was
meant more. The editing was the longest part as every part
of the movie had to flow together. By there being quick cuts it
meant that we could create more tension which was an idea
that I came up with. Also the colours that we had added in on
our movie meant that we was able to easily get better images
and shots in the movie.