The creation of the
Crisis all over Europe
Climate Change that caused periodic famines.
The Black Death (2/3 of population died)
• 70 million people died in 14th
• 40 million people died in 15th
(A consequence of the Black Death is that wages of
labourers will increase due to the lack of peasants).
• Because of an increasing gap between the wealthy
and the poor.
The Triumph of Death – Peter Bruegel The Elder (el Viejo)
They spread all over Europe
Rebellion of the Remences
Conflict between “La Biga” and “La Busca”
The “Jacquerie” in France
Wat Tyler's Rebellion in England also called:
The Peasants Revolt.
The Peasant Revolt in Flanders.
The Hundred Years’ War
• It was a series of wars that took place in the
centuries (1337-1453 ).
• The main cause was a dynastic conflict when
the king Charles IV (the last king of the dynasty
Capeto) died without descendants.
• Edward III of England claimed for the crown
• Philip VI, king of France (new dynasty Valois)
attacked the possessions of Edward.
• France is going to receive the help of a Saint:
Joan of Arc. Who will encourage the people to
fight against the invaders and recover Orleans.
• Joan of Arc will be captured, judged in an
religious court and accused of heresy.
• She was condemned to
be burned at the stake.
• France will ultimately win
the war and expel the
English in 1453.
• France and England will suffer many
consequences from this war:
• A lot of people died.
• The kings went in bankrupt.
• The lands were abandoned
• Crops were very poor. This caused hunger and
The War of the Roses (15th
• It was a Dynastic Conflict between two dynastic
The white rose of the
House of York
The red rose of the
House of Lancaster
• The final victory went to a relatively remote
• Henry Tudor, who married Elizabeth of York
(the daughter of the late Yorkist king Edward
• This reconciled the two factions and founded
the House of Tudor, which ruled England and
Wales for 117 years. (The last Monarch will be
The Rose of the House of Tudor