MASTERS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
1. IF I HAD A BUSINESS
2. MY DREAM ENTREPRENEUR
3. IF WERE A CEO
4. BRAND SAVY
5. TURNING POINT
ABOUT THE HERSHEY COMPANY
The captivating story of Hershey's spans
nearly a century and a half of industrial
and social change.
It was in the year 1894 that candy
manufacturer Milton Hershey made the
decision to try adding chocolate coating
to his caramels.
Calling this new enterprise the Hershey
Chocolate Company, he located it near the
area he had been born, amid the rolling
farmland of Derry Township, PA.
By the summer of 1905, with the milk
from nearby dairy farms and the spirit of
hard-working local people, his new
factory started turning out delicious milk
• The Hershey Company is the largest producer of quality chocolate in
North America and a global leader in chocolate and sugar confectionery.
• Headquartered in Hershey, Pa.
• The Hershey Company has operations throughout the world and
approximately 14,000 employees. With revenues of more than $6 billion.
• Hershey offers confectionery products under more than 80 brand names,
including such iconic brands as HERSHEY'S, REESE'S, HERSHEY'S
KISSES, HERSHEY'S BLISS, HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK, KIT
KAT, TWIZZLERS, JOLLY RANCHER and ICE BREAKERS.
• The company is focused on growing its presence in key international
markets such as China and Mexico while continuing to build its
competitive advantage in the United States and Canada.
THE HERSHEY COMPANY
HERSHEY’S 1ST CHOCOLATE
Milton once said, "If I ever become rich, I
am going to use my money to build schools
to give every boy and girl an opportunity to
get an education." He not only stayed true to
his words, he built a whole infrastructure –
lots of schools, churches, parks and even a
trolley system. Today the city is popularly
called "The Chocolatetown, USA."
• Up, Up and Away
• Advertising to the Nation
• E.T. Makes a Good Choice
• Hershey Goes International
• Top of the Charts
THE HERSHEY COMPANY
ENTERS A NEW CENTURY
ABOUT DR. DRE
• Andre Romelle Young (born February 18, 1965), known by his stage name Dr. Dre, is an
American record producer, rapper and entrepreneur.
• He is the founder and current CEO of Aftermath Entertainment and Beats Electronics.
• In 2011, Dr. Dre was ranked as the third richest figure in the American hip hop scene by
Forbes with a net worth of $250 million.
• As a future entrepreneur in the music/entertainment industry and
also a big fan of hip hop music, I thought this was the perfect
opportunity to research about hip hop entrepreneurs and their
different entrepreneurial business ventures.
• The most successful hip hop entrepreneur of 2012 is Dr. Dre!
• He is a perfectionist and is known to train the artists with whom he
records to give flawless performances.
WHY IS DR. DRE MY DREAM
• Its name derives from "Toy Head-Quarters" during the time when the
company was a toy manufacturer in the early 1980s.THQ had offices in
North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
• Founded in 1989 in the United States, the company developed products for
video game consoles, handheld game consoles, as well as for personal
computers and wireless devices.
• The company also held exclusive, long-term licensing agreements with
leading sports and entertainment content creators such as WWE,
Nickelodeon, Disney and Pixar.
• THQ Inc. was a North American developer and publisher of video games
and has been in bankruptcy since December 2012.
• The company began liquidating its assets in January 2013.
1.Global Wealth Grew 7.8% In 2012, Driven By Developing Economies
2.MWCN Announces Over $11B In Transactions In Utah For 2012
3.Russian Life Expectancy Fell In 2012
4.Despite Mobile And Console Competition, PC Gaming Industry Rakes In $20 Billion
5.2012: The Year of eSports
6.Foreign Firms Hesitant On China