Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

Ancillaries planning & Evolution

273 views

Published on

Published in: Design, Technology, Business
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Ancillaries planning & Evolution

  1. 1. AncillariesPlanning: The evolution of the images
  2. 2. The Front CoverFor the front cover, I needed to create somethingthat stands out, I wanted it to be very strikingaesthetically and also rather abstract in its appearance.In order to create the final piece (to the right), Iheavily edited the original (next slide) in a multitude ofways. Firstly I gave the image a zoom effect whichdistorted the picture, then edited the hue/saturation togive it the colour, brightness and contrast were increaseddramatically which enabled the harsh contrast of theblack and white with the addition of the red and yellow.The end result plays strongly to the title, with theimage’s colour and effect connoting burning, a scene inwhich we can almost see ‘disintegration’. The evolutionof the front cover can be seen on the next slide:
  3. 3. The Back CoverI also wanted the back cover to be just as abstract asthe front, only not as busy, more of a subtle approach.Like the front cover, the primary image used washeavily edited in order to give its appearance.Maintaining the simplicity of it, all I did wasduplicate the image and flip it into the other corner.However, the simple use of a duplicated image gave agreat atmosphere kept with the theme.Evolution of the image on the next slide:
  4. 4. The original image was harshly edited in terms of it’sbrightness and contrast. This brightened the pictureand raised its spectrum which in turn, also made it lookas if parts of it were fading. Then I zoomed into thecircled out area and edited it in the exact same way Idid the front cover’s image.In order to maintain the smoothness of the image, Icut it out and added a blur effect around that softenedthe edges, also positioning the image in the corner of thecover cut the edges that proved to be a little bit sharp.
  5. 5. The PosterThe poster had to follow the colour scheme of the actualalbum itself, though I did multiple versions beforefinally settling on this piece. Again, the original imagewas edited in the same way both the front and backcovers were, excluding the zoom effect.The original and additional versions are on the otherslide...
  6. 6. The alternate version consisted of a full colour edit rather than following the album’s abstract theme. The brightness and contrast brought out the colour and sharpness of them from the original, no colour was added. Though this remained the alternate un-used version as I thought the final edit reflected the album more. Alternate versionThe original image was The zoom effect wasedited in the same way both removed and the text colourthe front and back covers was also changed to suit thewere. Then the text and image better.label were added. Final version
  7. 7. Inside the cd caseThe inside of the case had to also maintain the imagery as shown on the front and back cover, as too with the poster. So,for the whole inside, I used 1 image, though edited it in different ways.Firstly, the original image was a rose. For theback of the booklet/inside cover to the left, Iedited the image the same way I had done for theother works, only this time instead of a zoom effect,I used a blur.To provide the background for where the cd willbe placed, I took the image, and set it intogreyscale. This would help to allow the cd to standout.In order for the cd itself to stand out to it’s full, I took the edited image, cut it to the proportions of a cd, and removed theblur effect, this allowed the image to become sharp and high in contrast, which, in retrospect, gave great compliment to thegreyscale background.

×