HOW TO ADD COUNTIF FORMULA IN EXCEL
NAME- GAUTAM SAINI
COURSE- BPED 3RD SEM
ENROLL NO – A3013821079
SUBMITTED TO- DR PANKAJ PANDEY
COMPUTER APPLICATIONS IN PHYSICAL
Excel COUNTIF Function
The COUNTIF function is a premade function in Excel, which counts cells as
Countif is used when you want to count cells based on single condition and in
•It is typed =COUNTIF
1. Range = Range to which the condition must apply.
2. Criteria = the criteria defines which cell should be counted and which not.
•The COUNTIF function can have basic or more advanced uses. This covers the
basic use for how to count specific numbers and words.
Numbers (e.g. 90) and words (e.g. "Water") can be specified.
How to use Countif Function
• 1. In our example below, we want to count the number of students who
scored more than 50 marks in Subject 1. Since it is a single criteria, we
shall use the function of Countif in B11.
• 2. We shall select the range of subject 1 (B2:B9) and in criteria we shall
mention more than 50(make sure it is in “ “)
3. Press enter and you shall get your cell count in B11.