A comprehensive project report On Impact of Media Communication on IDEA cellular
A COMPREHENSIVE PROJECT
Presented by:- Enrollment No. Name
“Impact of Media
Communication on IDEA
• Indian telecom sector is more than 165 years old. Telecommunications
was first introduced in India in 1851 when the first operational land lines
were laid by the government near Kolkata (then Calcutta), although
telephone services were formally introduced in India much later in 1881.
• Telecommunications industry in India is an important industry as many
private players are entering into Indian market with variety of strategies to
capture the market.
• The players are using innovative strategies to attract the consumers and
increase their market share.
• Media impact on the consumers hence turns out to be an important
aspect to be studied as consumers in telecommunications industry takes
decisions based on advertising and promotion done by the companies.
• Hence in this study efforts are made to identify the impact of media
communication with special reference to IDEA Cellular.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES OF IDEA
Products of Idea:
• Idea Prepaid Cell phone connection
• Prepaid phone services
• idea Postpaid
• World Calling Cards
• idea Handy phone
Services of Idea:
• Entertainment & Lifestyle
• Games, Downloads & Applications
• Social Networking
• Mail & Messaging
• News & Finance
• Travel & Transportation
• Roaming - Domestic & International
• 3G World
• Number Portability
MARCOMM STRATEGY OF IDEA CELLULAR
Marketing communication strategy adopted by idea:
• TV Commercials
• Brand Endorsement
• Print media
• Out door billboards
• Over a period of time the importance of media communication has been increased
tremendously as far as revenue generation is concerned. Considering its importance we
are researching on the topic:
• “impact of media communication on IDEA cellular”
Objective of the study
Primary objective of this research is :-
• To know the impact of media communication for IDEA Cellular.
Secondary objectives are as under :-
• To know which telecommunication operator‘s service are used by respondents.
• To know about the awareness of IDEA.
• To know about the likability of IDEA advertisement.
• To know the most favorable advertisement promoted by IDEA.
• To know the effectiveness of IDEA advertisement.
• To know the satisfaction level of consumers with reference to advertisement
promoted by IDEA.
Importance of the study
• In this study we are about to find out whether the advertisement
by IDEA is effective or not.
• Whether the company is successful in creating its brand image in
the minds of customers.
• Whether the impact of media communication directly affects in
generating revenue or it only entertains the people by touching
• Whether the impact of media is able to retain the brand identity
which is created over a time.
• Whether the media is able to reach its target consumer and with
• Leonard L. Berry and A. Parasuraman (1991), showed that inspired
leadership, a customer-minded corporate culture, excellent service-system
design and efficient use of information and technology are crucial for
achieving superior service quality and service marketing. They argued that
superior quality is vital to sustaining success. They insisted that customer
satisfaction through integration of service quality throughout the system
must be the focus of any company
• Ruth M. Bolton and James H. Drew (1991), developed a model of how
customers with prior experiences and expectations assess service
performance levels, overall service quality, and service value. The model was
applied to residential customers' assessments of local telephone service. The
model was estimated with a two-stage least squares procedure through
survey data. Results indicated that residential customers' assessments of
quality and value are primarily a function of disconfirmation arising from
discrepancies between anticipated and perceived performance levels.
However, perceived performance levels also were found to have an
important direct effect on quality and value assessments.
. The primary purpose for basic research (as opposed to applied research) is discovering,
interpreting, and the development of methods and systems for the advancement of
human knowledge on a wide variety of scientific matters of our world and the universe.
Primary Data :–
In this survey we collected the primary data by structured Questionnaire survey.
Secondary Data :–
In this survey we collect the secondary data from Internet with the help of some relevant
population: - Rajkot city
Sampling Method: – Non Probability Convenience Sampling Technique.
Sample Size: – 100 respondents
CHI SQUARE TEST (GOODNESS OF FIT TEST)
Step – 1:
Ho: likability/attention towards the brand/ads is independent to MARCOMM.
Ha: likability/attention towards the brand/ads is dependent to MARCOMM.
α = 0.05
d.f = (r – 1) * (c – 1)
= (4– 1) * (2 – 1)
= (3) * (1)
Step – 4: Table value = 7.815
Cal >Tab 26.171> 7.815
So, null hypothesis is not accepted.
Therefore likability/attention towards the brand/ads is dependent to
Ho: new connections/ direct sales are independent to likability of ads.
Ha: new connections/ direct sales are dependent to likability of ads.
α = 0.05 In the same way if we calculate data of above
variables we get the following result:
d.f = (r – 1) * (c – 1)
= (2– 1) * (3 – 1)
= (1) * (2)
Step – 4: Table value = 5.991
Cal >Tab 62.1064> 5.991
So, null hypothesis is not accepted.
Therefore new connections/ direct sales are dependent to likability of ads.
CHI SQUARE TEST (GOODNESS OF FIT TEST)
Satisfaction level of idea customers
Interpretation : from the above chart we can interpret that 30% customers are
dissatisfied from its services which is very risky for business.
Interpretation : From above figure we can tell that 86% respondents say that information
provided by idea is making sense and are useful for making purchase
Interpretation: from the data we can say that 68% respondents were
confident to have idea connection in future while 12% firmly denied whereas
21% were not sure
Interpretation : from above data available we can analyze that communication strategy
used by idea is very such effective as 70% respondents are able to get and recognize
message given by idea.
RESULTS AND FINDINGS:
The survey was conducted in Rajkot city from 4th April to 12th April, 2014. Responses From
the survey of respondents we found the following results:
(1) 100% of the total respondents are using the telecommunication services. From the survey we
came to know that there is 100% awareness of Idea in telecommunication sector.
(2) 82% respondents are spending their time on television, 6% on internet, 8% on newspaper
and only 4% respondents are spending their time on radio among various media.
(3) As per the survey we came to know that 78% respondents are getting information from
television advertisement, 8% from hoardings, 6% from newspaper and only 4% each
respondents are getting information from magazine and internet for Idea
(4 ) 96% respondents like the various advertisement of Idea and only 4% respondents don‘t like
(5) We can conclude that based on the advertisement of Idea 52% respondents will
not go for more connection with Idea in future, 12% respondents would like to go for
more connection with Idea and 30% are still confused.
• There is a great impact of advertisement on the mind of human Beings so as an
industry of telecommunication each and every company has put their
concentration on choosing the channels of media communication.
• Company should look around the competitor‘s strategy for selecting the
effective channel of media communication for advertising of their products and
• In the case of Idea‘s media communication strategy and advertisement of Idea
through television has catch the more attention of each age group of people and
it is likable by everyone. So, company has major advantage to get more
customers through with the help of advertisement.
• Advertisement plays a crucial role to push the product and services in the
Market, But some other factors also hamper the product to persuade the
customer like pricing, product attributes, competitor action, economic
factors etc. Most of respondents were not willing to go for more connection
with Idea just on the basis of advertisement in spite they like the ads.
LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
Every study has its own limitations and various factors affect them. In
this study there are also limitations which are point out as bellow:
• We have to complete work within the stipulated time limit and hence the
sample size was restricted to 100 respondents.
• The study is limited to customers using mobile connections in Rajkot city.
• The respondents were not open up to the questions asked by us during
the survey time.
• Majority of respondents are not using the multiple connections for multiple
purposes, so we were unable to find out the clear picture of the study
especially for Idea.
From the survey we found that 58% respondents would recommend
others for Idea and 12% respondents would not recommend for Idea
while 30% are confused. People are known to the IDEA CELLULAR LTD.
and its products and hence Advertisement is good and they like it that
means marketing communication is good but Subscribers are not very
much satisfied with the service. So, there is needs to be improvement in
the coverage and other services.
Below 30 years of respondents spending most of their time with TV,
more than 90% of them prefer TV to spend their time as compared to
other age group people and above 45 years of respondents are spending
their most of time with internet and newspapers. Thus huge scope
through TV commercials.
And one thing which comes into the focus is that Brand Ambassador is
also a key part to get the attention from the subscriber because most of
the people told that they liked Abhishek Bacchan as brand ambassador.