1. Project Type & Location
2. Client & Project Details
3. Project Process : Challenges & Execution
4. Project Process : Duration, Inputs, Output
5. Quality Process
6. Project Outputs
Project Type & Location
Project : Creation of BIM Models with LOD 300 in Architecture, Structure & MEP.
Location : California, USA
Client & Project Details
• Client is a well known Construction Engineering Firm.
• It is based in USA having an employee strength of more than 400.
• It is into the Construction & Engineering Business since 80 years.
• It is one of the world’s top global construction contractors & undertakes large
infrastructure, commercial and residential projects having clients mostly in USA.
• The work was offered to us by one of the renowned construction company in USA.
• The project area was of around 10,500 sq. ft. The Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel
located in an upscale suburb on the north side of Indianapolis. It is a 6 storied building
with basement for car parking.
• Hi-Tech created Architectural, Structural and MEP BIM Model for the client, with LOD
300 as output.
• The structural drawings was missing in the file. We made a structure model on the basis of assumption
from the architectural drawings provided by the client. Later the client provided us with a hand sketch
which was 90% accurate to what we had assumed. The quality of engineers in Hi-Tech are beyond any
• At the basement the side cutting fields were problematic, where the dimensions and survey points
were not matching, which was solved by Hi-Tech, with a sound solution to the client.
• The inputs available with us were in the form of pdf files, which we were to convert into intelligent BIM
models using Revit.
• Next step was to create BIM models with different disciplines like Architectural, Structural & MEP which
was successfully accomplished as per client’s requirement in the form of 3D Revit Models.
• Finally after that we started to look into the coordination between the models, so called Clash
Detection & were successful in scrutinizing all the clashes.
• The clash detection process helped the client to nullify the clashes at a very initial stage which may
have created huge loss at the time of actual construction.
• Material take off & project completion schedules provided by us reduced client’s overall project time,
cost as well as made the complete process error free and smoother.
• 6 Weeks
• PDF’s with all building 2D drawings
• BIM models with following disciplines:
Documents & earlier
Quality Planning for
List of Quality
1st Level – Self QC
2nd Level – Peer QC
3rd Level – Random Audit by Quality Manager
Update Quality register & if necessary update Quality List/ Quality Parameter
If any changes recommended by client
a. Part of SoW (Scope of Work): Iteration in above process
b. Any new changes included in SOW: Start
Engineering Change Management Process
Prepare a Final
Project Image: Building View
T H A N K Y O U
L O C A T I O N S :
Nr. Gurukul Tower,
A h m e d a b a d,
5th Floor, Commerce House – IV,
100 Ft. Road,
A h m e d a b a d,
43-A, E Block, 3rd Floor,
Cochin Special Economic Zone
Architecture Engineering Construction