• 13,789 YouTube subscribers
• 4.3 million views of 820 videos
• 1076 Facebook likes
• 3,270 positive eBay ratings
• 300% increase in sales
– eCommerce is larger than physical business
– YouTube advertising is the fastest growing revenue stream
– 1 person added to the business
Step 1: OUTCOME
Decide What Outcomes You Want?
• The essence of Marketing is Cause & Effect.
• An Action creates an Outcome.
• Content Marketing uses “Content” to create
Examples of Outcomes
• I want to increase traffic to my web site in order to get more
• I want to have people recognize my name.
• I want to sell more products.
• I want to have people who check me out online be impressed by my
• I want to express myself.
• I want to establish my reputation with vendors in my market.
• I want to expand my business.
The Basic Category of Outcome
• Sell more
• Be more visible
• Expand business
• Express yourself.
Bikemanforu wanted to sell more things.
Step 2: PLACE
Decide The Best Place to Drive People
• The Outcome you are looking for drives your
strategy for what Place you are going to rely
Examples of Places
• Your business web site
• Your Facebook page
• Your phone number
• Your eBay account
Bikemanforu started with eBay, moved to his
website and now focused on his Videos
Step 3: ENERGY
Decide How Much Energy You Will Expend
• Creating Content can consume your time
• Marketing relies on measuring the results of
action and calculating a return
• Your basic unit of return is an hour of labor
The Value of a Labor Unit: 1 Hour
• $75,000 annual income
• 50 hour weeks, 50 weeks per year
• One Hour = $35.00
• 10 Hours = $350
• You have to pay yourself to rest….
Strategies for Managing Energy
• Make creating Content easy and part of your routine
• Don’t get overwhelmed by trying to match professional quality
• Have consistent quality
Bikemanforu integrated video creation into the everyday workplace activity.
Step 4: PLAN
Create A Realistic Content Plan
• Planning your Content strategy in advance
allows you to create the most impact and
have the most control
Elements of the Plan
• What place am I going to put content?
– Blog post, video, photo, tweet
• How am I going to make people aware of the content?
– Share on social media, comment, email, interact
• How often am I going to post the content?
– Daily, weekly, monthly
– A plan for each type
• What will the content be about?
– Topics aligned with interest, Season, questions
Blog editorial calendar
Three common questions