Driver - Navigator
○ Is the person typing the code.
○ Helps driver.
○ Reviews what the driver is writing.
○ Keeps in mind the whole picture.
○ Makes sure everybody is contributing.
Ping - Pong
○ Writes code.
○ Writes the tests.
○ Another developer evaluates functionality.
○ Learn about Test Driven Development (write the tests before the production code).
● Keep personal space.
● Clean desktop environment.
● The developers should be at the same distance from the monitor/s.
● Know the goals.
● Set timing, 4-6 hours per day.
● Change the roles frequently, at least once an hour.
● Rotate team members.
● Pair programming is a negotiation.
● If you are bored pass the keyboard.
● If your partner is bored grab the keyboard.
● If both are bored, take a break.
● Talk a lot, this is about communication.
● If you do not understand what your partner is saying or doing, just ask.
The navigator should wait 10 seconds before pointing out a typo. Generally
that is long enough for the driver to correct a typo that is already noticed.
Excessive interruptions are distracting.
Jun. 9, 2021
Pair programming explanation and some advises about how to success doing it.