Sr No TITLE
2. TYPE OF LOAD CELLS
3. STRAIN GAUGE LOAD CELL
• Measurement of Weight is an act Performed by our
Ancestors and still it is Performed in our day to day Life.
• Technology also had Taken a Leap in these Years .
• We have Advanced from To
• When we hear about Load Cell One thing that comes
into mind is Weight Measurement and the Pointer scale
we used in our Earlier Times.
• But now the Question is “What is a Load Cell” ?
Load Cell is a Device or an Instrument which Converts
the Quantity of Force Applied over it to the Electrical
• There are Many Types of Load Cells Available in Market
• The principle of operation of the Strain Gauge load cell is
based on the fact that the resistance of the electrical
conductor changes when its length changes due to stress.
• Cu Ni alloy is commonly used in strain gauge construction as
the resistance change of the foil is virtually proportional to the
• The change in resistance of the strain gauge can be utilized to
measure strain accurately when connected to an appropriate
• A load cell usually consists of four strain gauges in a
Wheatstone bridge configuration.
• The electrical signal output is typically very small in the order
of a few millivolts.
• It is amplified by an Instrumentation amplifier before sending
it to the measurement system.
• The output can be Digital or Analog (0-5V) depending on the
•Test Rig Force Monitoring
•Strain Gauging of Components
•Robotic_Weighing of components
•Specialized Load cells
•Repair & Calibration
1. Calibration is a Tedious Procedure.
2. Mounting Can be Difficult in some Cases.