Prayer is the master key that opens the door and allows you to commune with God and have direct relationship with Him.
No one can call God “Father” if he has not been redeemed by Jesus’ blood. Jesus could call God “Father” because he had God’s same divine nature.
Matthew 6:6 <ul><li>“ But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” </li></ul>
The Ten Levels of Prayer <ul><li>Jesus gave us the Lord’s prayer as a model to communicate with God, not as a structure of vain repetitions, but as a guide with specific levels that embrace every need in our daily life. </li></ul>
1. Level Of Redemption “Our Father” <ul><li>Recognize that we have been adopted as children of God. </li></ul><ul><li>John 1:12-13 “But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn! This is not a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan – this rebirth comes from God.” </li></ul>
2. Level Of Authority “In Heaven” <ul><li>Through prayer we recognize that God’s throne is in the heavens. </li></ul><ul><li>Eph. 1:19-23 “I pray that you will begin to understand the incredible greatness of his power... This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead & seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms…” </li></ul>
3. Level Of Worship ‘Hallowed Be Your Name’ <ul><li>God’s nature is holy, completely separated from wickedness. Everything He created was made for the purpose to worship and glorify Him. </li></ul><ul><li>John 4:23-24 “…true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for anyone who will worship him that way. For God is Spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.” </li></ul>
4. Level Of Government “Your Kingdom Come” <ul><li>God has established every form of government. </li></ul><ul><li>Proverbs 29:2 “When the godly are in authority, the people rejoice. But when the wicked are in power, they groan.” </li></ul>
5. Level of Evangelism- ‘your will be done on earth as it is in heaven’ <ul><li>God’s will is that none should perish, but that all turn to him in repentance. </li></ul><ul><li>John 6:39 “And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them to eternal life at the last day.” </li></ul>
6. Level Of Provision – ‘Give Us Today Our Daily Bread’ <ul><li>It is God’s plan that His children prosper spiritually, physically, and financially. </li></ul><ul><li>3 John 2 “Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” </li></ul>
7. Level Of Forgiveness ‘Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors’ <ul><li>Pray recognizing God’s forgiveness in our lives and also forgiving those who have offended us. Without forgiveness our prayers have no power. </li></ul><ul><li>Matt. 5:23-24 “So if you are standing before the alter…offering a sacrifice to God, and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you, leave your sacrifice there beside the alter. Go & be reconciled to that person. Then come & offer your sacrifice to God.” </li></ul>
8. Level Of Protection ‘And lead us not into temptation’ <ul><li>Your only escape from temptation is maintaining a disciplined life of prayer. </li></ul><ul><li>Proverbs 22:3 “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.” </li></ul>
9. Level Of Deliverance ‘But deliver us from the evil one’ <ul><li>You have experienced the new birth, but must constantly ask God, in prayer, to deliver you from evil. </li></ul><ul><li>Psalm 144:2 “He is my loving ally and my fortress, my tower of safety, my deliverer. He stands before me as a shield, and I take refuge in him. He subdues the nations under me.” </li></ul>
10. Level Of Safety – ‘For Yours is the Kingdom and the power and the glory forever’ <ul><li>The most stable and lasting safety that God has given us is Jesus. He gives us assurance and trust. </li></ul><ul><li>John 10:27-28 “My sheep recognize my voice; I know them, & they follow me. I give them eternal life, & they will never perish. No one will snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, & He is more powerful than anyone else.” </li></ul>