The Power of Data
Session Delivery: Mr. Sahil
It’s not important who you know, it’s about what you know about
who you know!
Alumni data is the core of any alumni office
Importance of Alumni
How to gather data?
What all data do you track
of your alumni?
Type of data that you should track:
Divide yourselves into groups of 3
Share your story with fellow
Question: Once data is gathered, how
do you use data?
(Focus on different avenues of
Utilizing your Data
- Rahul is an alumni of XYZ School
- He has done his Biotech Engg
- He graduated from the initial batch of
- He has set up his industry in Biotech
What could a School do in such a case?
- Assign task of data analytics to a team
- From the calendar of activities made,
know how alumni can be engaged
- Start filtering out alumni on the basis
of industry, past colleges, location, past
Utilizing Your Data
Do’s and Don’ts
Mode Do’s of Data Management Don'ts of Data
Phone calls Weekends or post working
Don’t push for information
Emails Short, concise &
Avoid multiple emails
Social media Use LinkedIn effectively Don’t spam groups
Website Link on home page always Don’t share alumni
Chapters Encourage alumni
Don’t simply count on this
Referrals Keep minimum target of 5 Don’t rely solely on
Make a Masterfile
(Desired Data Fields)