• The Aarhus metro has a
population of 1.2 million, while
320,000 are living in the
municipality of Aarhus.
• Aarhus is a city of knowledge
with a university in the Top
100 of the world’s 17,000
• Aarhus has been chosen as the
European Capital of Culture in
• The city is currently
development with several
large scale construction
• Innovation and digitization
• Digital front-runner
• New PPP
• Growth in EU-funded projects
• Increase competitiveness and
• European "Living Lab" - Aarhus as a
• Branding of Aarhus as a Smart City
• A conceptual discourse
• A common development framework
• An involvement platform
• A meeting place
• A tale to be told
• Nature and Environment
• Transport and infrastructure
• Social conditions
Kindergartens, nurseries, public schools location +
contact information to managers. Demography
special report + Adults outside the labor market.
Cycle paths, parking data, fumes, heat
consumption in municipal buildings, remote
readings, real-time endpoint measurements, ﬂow
data, wholesale data from garbage trucks,
customer volume, length, age at wiring. Staff
Survey, website statistics aarhus.dk. Data from
aarhusbolig.dk, data on the number of homes
waiting lists, sizes of apartments, etc.
• Aarhus Data Drinks #5 [Art & Culture]
• Aarhus Data Drinks #6 ([Hacktivism]
• ODAA at DIT-conference (National IT-conference)
• Pecha Kucha Night presentation
• IT-days at the Business Academy Aarhus
• Open Data Day - Hacklab with Open Knowledge
Foundation and the City of Copenhagen.
• Open Hacks Aarhus. Gellerup Challenge - A local social
and structural challenge, organized by the Service
Platform, Gate Sense, “Den Gamle By”, MMEX and ODAA.
• Aarhus Data Drinks # 7 [Entrepreneurship and Open Data]
• Participant in IoT Week, London
• Open Data Crash Course with MMEX where cultural
institutions must learn how to upload the data to ODAA
• Hacklab for students in collaboration with IBM.
CITY PULSE Participant
TEDI External committee
RERUM Advisory Board
• Effect measurement
• Common Code of Conduct
• Bottom Up distribution of platform
• Open Data Lab …….
• Drupal user interface
1. ODAA-platform distributed to the
municipalities in Region Midtjylland
2. ODAA-platform transferred to the other
regions of the country
3. Regional platforms distributed to the
municipalities in the other regions
4. A bottom up distributed - Open Data Lab
The trafﬁc right now
Here you can see the trafﬁc situation in Aarhus right now. Click on the individual sections for more information.
Article,Version2, May 28, 2014
Open data reveals selection errors.
It can go wrong when the outcome of a referendum are reported from polling
stations to the municipal electoral ofﬁce, and it did precisely that at the
Taarbæk School. “Yes” and “no” votes were reversed.
The error was discovered by the Open Knowledge Denmark at a workshop,
where they worked with the election results.A single polling station stood out
among all the others.
Thanks to Open Knowledge Denmark the error were corrected.
WHERE ARE WE?
Kilde: Capgemini Consulting Analysis, 2013
HITACHI in Denmark
• Network & partnership
• Competent cooperation
• Great facilities
• Bridgehead to Europe
• Memorandum of Understanding
Big Data Laboratory
Thank you for your time
Bo Fristed, CIO!
City of Aarhus!
Culture & Citizens Services!