Do you know what you don’t know about your first line, first time managers
Do you Know what you Don’t Know about
“First Line, First Time Managers™”?
By Frances Kazan
Do you know what affects
- The quality of the Team? or
- The quality of the Plan?
Answer: An A-Team with a B-Plan achieves
more than a B-Team with an A-Plan
B-Team + A-Plan
A-Team + B-Plan
Do you know that First Line
Managers are pivotal to the
success of every organisation?
First Line Managers are the core
talent that form the foundation for
the organisation’s success!
Do you know that most often
successful individual contributors
when promoted to First Line, First
Time Management positions fail?
Do you know that the transition
from successful individual
contributor rarely translates into
effective “First Line, First Time
Managers™” because very little
up-skilling takes place?
Do you know that deliberate
learning is crucial so that “First
Line, First Time Managers™”
know what to expect in order to
adjust quickly and transition
Do you know that First Line Managers are responsible
Do you know that First Line Managers are all those
individuals who oversee the work of others?
• All first line / first tier managers
• All first time managers
• Team leaders
• Call centre managers
• Office managers
• Project coordinators and other team coordinators
• Coordinators and administrators
• Even the personal assitant
Do you know that “First Line, First Time”
Managers ™ need to manage:
gain respect and commitment from
frame new roles and responsibilities
determine the extent of personal
If you want to make your BEST
BETTER then this tried and tested
workshop may be of interest to you:
The Fundamentals of Leadership for
“First Line, First Time” Managers ™
We are offering a SPECIAL Price for OCTOBER
AND NOVEMBER 2013 ONLY
3-DAY MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP FOR R4,995
per delegate (excl. VAT)
Limited place available
Maximum 15 people in workshop – first come first served!
• Experience immediate improvement in employee
performance and team cohesion
• Observe increased organisational productivity and better
• Don’t Delay – Build Your First Line, First Time Managers
email@example.com / 0833950292
WHAT? (Key Areas)
The Fundamentals of Leadership for “First Line, First Time”
Managers ™ covers;
• Role of a Manager and Leadership Styles
• Interpersonal Communication
• Managing Meetings/Briefings
• 5 Stages of Effective First Line Management
• Induction / On-boarding of Staff
• Effective Delegation. Time Sensitivity, Problem Solving
• Dealing With Poor Performance.
• Understanding Motivation - 10 Ways to Motivate Team.
• Welcome – Introduction, Check-in and
• How to be a great manager through strong
• How to manage and organize your
department to meet organizational goals
• How to manage your employees and build a
• How to hire and retain the right people
• How to deal with conflict, problems (diversity)
and difficult employees
• How to put it all together – delegate, manage
time, solve problems and make decisions
• How to get your point across through the art
of business communication
• Summary, FAQ and Check Out
WHY? (Objectives) Managers attending this course will learn how to:
• Create a culture of inquiry, actively involve more experienced team members, and set clear
goals and objectives
• Gain respect and commitment from direct reports and build moderate level of team
• Establish authority by improving expert and referent power, avoid micromanaging, and
empower employees as well as frame roles and responsibilities through increased self-
knowledge, communication, and feedback
• Maintain personal relationships without alienating other team members
• Understand the importance of role and key result areas of performance.
• Manage the transition into management.
• Assess leadership style and how it impacts on team.
• Perform the different leadership styles necessary to motivate individual needs.
• Assess team to understand their motivational needs.
• Plan, organise and implement tasks, to ensure workloads and deadlines are met.
• Produce a plan of action for monitoring performance.
• Set and agree goals, with a clear understanding of expectations.
• Understand the golden rules for giving and receiving feedback.
• Delegate effectively by using a proven, tried and tested system.
• Deal with poor performance in a positive manner to increase productivity.
Frances Kazan MBA (UK - 2005), 20+
yrs. of teaching, lecturing and training
career seekers and managers. Began
teaching Accounting and Economics to
Matrics, followed by start-up
recruitment consultancies, to current
business coaching and talent
development and turn around
strategies to reduce unwanted staff
turnover. She is also lecturing at well-
known business schools.
• 15–10 October 2013 OR
• 12-14 November 2013
Don’t miss this amazing
opportunity to turn your “First
Line, First Time” Managers
into your A-Team