Effective Foreign Language Instruction and others 有效外語教學特質
Characteristics of Effective Foreign Language Instruction and others
By Frances Fu
*Revised and Approved at Annual Meeting, November 1999
Document developed in
collaboration with and based on work done by the Montgomery County Maryland
• 1. The teacher sets high expectations for all students, designs
assessment, and organizes instruction to engage and motivate
• 老師對所有學生均設定高期望值, 設計評估的
2. 是否針對“聽說讀寫” 採用不同的評量方式?
• 2. The teacher and students communicate purposefully in the
target language as listeners, speakers, readers, writers, and
2. 機會均等, 有問有答?
• 3. There is more student activity than teacher activity in most lessons.
Student activity includes student to student interactions as well as
teacher to student interactions.
• Students work independently, in pairs, and in groups. Students ask and
answer questions and they create with language
• 大多數的課堂上, 學生活動多過老師,活動內容包含
學生彼此交流及互動, 單獨, 配對, 或者分組進行。
• 4. Students take risks as language learners because the
learning environment is positive and supportive.
• 5. When error correction is appropriate, students are given
opportunities, including wait-time, to self-correct. Teacher
correction of student errors is often done through follow-up
review and re-teaching strategies.
• 錯誤可被適當的糾正, 給學生機會和等待的時
1.即時糾正? (Todaysmeet.com) 不記名的錯誤糾正示
• 6. Assessments are ongoing. Students are assessed formally
and informally on how well they are able to meet the objectives
of the lesson. Continuous self-assessments for students and
teachers are encouraged.
• 課程中隨時進行評估, 正式與非正式的都有,
口頭練習, 遊戲激勵, 團隊合作, 搶答, 網路即時
• 7. Students use language specific learning strategies and are
encouraged to assess their own progress.
• 學生使用特別的語言學習策略, 且被鼓勵評估
• 8. Culture is a natural component of language use in all
• 文化是自然的語言成分, 被使用在所有的活動
-Event? Social Media? Pop Culture?
-Daily life? -Message? Line? WeChat?