Company: Framgia Vietnam
Presenter: Vu Nguyen Van
JMS and ActiveMQ
Saturday, July 6th 2013
● Introduction to JMS
– What is Messaging?
– What is JMS?
– Type of Messaging Model
● Introduction to ActiveMQ
– What is ActiveMQ
– How to use ActiveMQ
– How to monitoring in ActiveMQ
What is Messaging?
● Messaging is communication between
system components or different
● The advantages of messaging include the
ability to integrate different platforms,
reduce system bottlenecks, increase
scalability and reliability of message
What is JMS?
● JMS = Java Message Service
● JMS is all about sending and receiving
messages between two or more clients.
● JMS API enables communication that is
loosely coupled and messaging that is
asynchronous in nature.
A JMS Application consists of the
Producer and Consumer
● JMS clients: Java applications that
produce or receive messages.
– JMS Producer / Publisher: A JMS client
that creates and sends messages.
– JMS Consumer/ Subscriber: A JMS
client that receives messages.
MS Brocker (MOM)
● MOM is a component that helps in
message communication between two
systems connected across network.
● MOM ensures asynchronous form of
communication, supports reliable
message delivery and transaction control.
MOM Service Provider
TIBCO EMS TIBCO
Types of messaging model in JMS
● Point to Point.
● Publisher/ Subscriber
What is ActiveMQ
● An open-source message broker.
● Generally stable and high-performance
● Can be run standalone, or inside another
process, app server, or Java EE
● Supports everything JMS requires, plus
How to use ActiveMQ
● Install ActiveMQ
● Write sender application
● Write receiver application