July 2014 CLIF Notes 1
CLIF NOTES FOR THE FORT DRUM COMMUNITY
1. ARMY CAREER & ALUMNI PROGRAM (ACAP)
2. ARMY CONTINUING EDUCATION SYSTEM (ACES)
3. ARMY COMMUNITY SERVICE (ACS)
4. BETTER OPPORTUNITIES FOR SINGLE SOLDIERS (BOSS)
8. CYSS SCHOOL LIAISON SERVICES (SLS)
9. CYSS SKIES
10. CYSS SPORTS
11. CYSS YOUTH CENTER
12. DIRECTORATE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES (DES)
14. FAMILY AND MORALE, WELFARE AND RECREATION
15. FISH & WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
16. FORT DRUM MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY HOMES (MCH)
17. FORT DRUM THRIFT SHOP
19. INTRAMURAL SPORTS PROGRAM
20. MAGRATH SPORTS COMPLEX
21. McEWEN LIBRARY
23. MONTI PHYSICAL FITNESS FACILITY
24. NORTH COUNTRY SPOUSES CLUB
25. PARKS AND RECREATION
27. USO - FORT DRUM
28. VETERINARY SERVICES
1. ARMY CAREER & ALUMNI PROGRAM (ACAP) LORRIE GULER, 315-772-3284
ACAP SEMINARS: Call the ACAP Center at 772-3434/3286 to reserve a seat in seminars. The following seminars are scheduled:
o Boots 2 Business – 4-5 Aug, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
o Advanced Resume – 25 Aug, 8:00 am - 10:00 am
o Federal Resume – 25 Aug, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
o Advanced Interview – 25 Aug, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
o Technical Track- 6-7, 19-20 Aug, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
o Education Track – 4-5, 6-7, 11-12, 13-14, 18-19, 20-21, 25-26, 27-28 Aug
9:00 am – 4:30 pm
o Career Fair- 14 August 10:00 am-2:00 pm at Magrath Gym
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the hyperlinks Website: www.acap.army.mil
2. ARMY CONTINUING EDUCATION SYSTEM (ACES) MARY ANNE VAUGHN, 315-772-0343
ARMY EDUCATION FAIR: will be held 7 August, 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm, Education Center, 4300 Camp Hale Road. Over 30 colleges will
be on hand to provide information on certificates, associate, bachelor and master degree programs. This is open to all Soldiers,
Spouses, Family Members, Veterans and DoD Civilians. Refreshments will be provided. Come and see what higher education
opportunities have to offer you! For information call, 315-772-2011.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.goarmyed.com
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-Drum-Army-Education-Center/321867727827654?ref=hl
3. ARMY COMMUNITY SERVICE (ACS) CATHY FERRAN, 315-772-4979
RESILIENCE TRAINING: 12 August, 9:30 am – 2:30 pm. ACS. Join us to learn more about your Character Strengths. For more
information, call 315-772-0470 or visit http://www.drummwr.com/OperationReady.htm
FAMILY ADVOCACY BOOK CLUB: 20 August, 9:00 am – 11:00 am, ACS. For more information call, 772-5914 or visit
Click the above hyperlinks to go directly to
Agency Section in CLIF Notes
Section in CLIF Notes
Table of Contents
July 2014 CLIF Notes 2
INTERNATIONAL SPOUSE SUPPORT GROUP: 22 August, 9:30 am – 2:00 pm. An outing to Carthage for Military Appreciation
Day at the Carthage Farmers Market. We will have lunch and a visit to a local business owned by one of our foreign
spouses. Come join the fun. Call 772-6902 to sign up.
CAREER FAIR: Customer Service and Administrative Professionals: 28 August, 9:30 am – 11:30 am, Monument Ridge
Community Center. For more information call, 315-772-9611 or visit https://www.facebook.com/fortdrumemployment
ACS CALENDAR including all August events can be found at: www.drummwr.com/ArmyCommunityService.htm
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.drummwr.com/ArmyCommunityService.htm
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/FortDrumACSOutreach
4. BETTER OPPORTUNITIES FOR SINGLE SOLDIERS (BOSS) MICHELLE RODEN, 315 772-7807
BOSS 5K: 16 August, 9:00 am – The race will be start at Magrath Sports Complex upper parking lot. Open to Active Duty military
assigned/attached to Fort Drum, Family members, Retirees, Reservists, and DoD Civilians employed on Fort Drum. Register at the
race site starting at 8:30 am the day of the event until the beginning of the race at 9:00 am. Dogs are welcome. Please remember
to bring your NYS registration and leash if you bring your four legged friend. Come dressed as your favorite Super Hero!
BOSS MEETING 5 August, 1:00 pm Join us for a free catered meeting while we discuss upcoming BOSS activities at the Nash Blvd.
BOSS Center, building T-2190. The BOSS calendar at Fort Drum is always jam-packed with great events and service opportunities for
Single Soldiers. Don’t miss out! For those Soldiers assigned as their unit-level BOSS Representative, this meeting is your place of
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email Address: email@example.com
Click the hyperlinks Website: www.drummwr.com/BOSS.htm
5. CHAPEL CAROL BURKE, 315-772-4451
CATHOLIC KIDZ CAMP: will be held 28 JUL-1 AUG at the newly renovated Main Post Chapel. Please call Janel Roberts at 315-681-
4620 or email ROBERTSJANEL@YAHOO.COM
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL IS COMING: VBS will be held 18-22 August from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm. If you would like to volunteer to
help, please call 772-5591.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? On Duty Chaplain 772-5591; After Duty Hours Chaplain 772-5647
Click the hyperlinks Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Fort Drum Religious Support
6. COMMISSARY PATTY MUSHTARE, 315-772-6185
FARMER’S MARKET SALE: We will be having a Farmer's Market Sale in August.
BACK TO SCHOOL: The Commissary will be decorated for BACK TO SCHOOL. We will have many items on sale for the lunch pails
and backpacks for afternoon school activities.
CASE SALE: The Commissary will be having a September Case Lot Sale. Dates will be announced on our web site
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.commissaries.com/stores/html/store.cfm?dodaac=hqcney
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/YourCommissary
July 2014 CLIF Notes 3
7. CHILD YOUTH SCHOOL SERVICES (CYSS) KARIN SIKIRICA 772-9470
CYS SERVICES SUMMER PROGRAMS: SAC and Middle School Camps, Sports Camps, Skies programs, Special Events – find all
information in the CYS Services Summer Booklet available at all CYS Services facilities and FMWR window at Clark Hall or online
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: http://www.drummwr.com/ChildandYouthServices.htm
Click the hyperlinks Email: email@example.com
8. CYSS SCHOOL LIAISON SERVICES (SLS) MICHELE CARLTON 772-3214
SCHOOL OPEN HOUSES: Many schools will have open houses this summer in August just before school opens. If not in August in
early September. Take advantage and go to your child’s open house. Meet the principal and the teachers and become familiar with
the school building.
SCHOOL SUPPLIES: Look on your schools web site for school supply lists. Many of the local stores print out these lists and have
them handy for parents to shop. School supplies can run scarce toward the end of August.
SCHOOL BUS INFORMATION: Many schools do not send out your child’s school bus information until the last days of August.
Please look for the bus stop and bus times in this information.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the hyperlinks Website: http://www.drummwr.com/SchoolLiaisonOffice.htm
9. CYSS SKIES DEB KENNEDY, 315- 772-6551
• SEWING & HANDCRAFT CLASSES: Learn how to crochet, make stuffed animals and sock puppets, and make things out of plastic
canvas. Fees range from $10-$15 per student per program. Classes meet at different times and dates depending on the session.
Registration varies – check our summer booklet for detailed information.
• ANIMAL MYTHS AND LEGENDS: Tuesdays in August, 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm hours at the SKIES Center. Part of the McEwen Library’s
Summer Reading Programs – Learn about all kinds of crazy animals and creatures…some known to exist and others we are still
looking for! Cost $40.00 per student. Registration deadline 28 July.
• SPECIAL SUMMER PROGRAMS: Include Stained Glass programs, Spa Workshops, Preschool Pottery, Art Introduction, Sewing
Classes, Cooking Classes, NativeWays and Grossology! SKIES also is helping with the McEwen Library’s Summer Reading Program
“Paws To Read!” Check our summer booklet for details, costs, and registration deadlines. Programs for ages 18 months through 18
years of age. Call 772-0629 for information on these programs.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: email@example.com
Click the hyperlinks Website: www.drummwr.com/SKIES.html
10. CYSS SPORTS JON BURNARD, 315-772-4102
• FALL SOCCER: registration will end – 15 Aug. Open for ages 4-12. The fee for this program is $20 for 4-5 and $40 for 6-12. The
season starts 8 Sept– 22 Oct.
• BASKETBALL GRADES 1st-4th
: Registration continues until 24 Oct. The fee for this program is $40. Season Starts 3 Nov - 10 Jan
Volunteer coaches are needed for basketball Soccer- sign up at P-10790 Chapel Drive
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: Jonathan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the hyperlinks Website: www.drummwr.com/YouthSports.htm
July 2014 CLIF Notes 4
11. CYSS YOUTH CENTER STEVE FERGUSON, 315- 772-6717
YOUTH SPONSORSHIP NIGHT: 1 August, 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm New Teens to the community, in grades 6-12, are encouraged to join
us for this free event. Meet other teens that are new to the community and trained teen’s sponsors while having a fun filled
evening. Prior registration is needed.
• INDOOR REBALL: 8 & 22 August, 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm - This open play event will be held at the Youth Center for youth 10-18 years
of age. We will provide all the equipment needed. You must attend the player brief at 5:15pm to participate. The cost for this
event is $10, and a parent permission slip is required.
• WATER SAFARI TRIP: We will be going to Old Forge for some exciting water rides, so hurry and register for this trip. Spaces will fill
up fast. Cost: $30, Permission slip required. We will depart the YC at 9:00 am and return by 5:30pm to the YC. The High School trip
will be 9 August and Middle School trip on 20 August.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: email@example.com
Click the hyperlinks Website: www.drummwr.com/YouthServices.htm
12. DIRECTORATE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES (DES) CHIEF JULIAN, 315-772-4483
EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBERS: dial 911 from any land-line. That call will go directly to the DES Dispatch Center. If you dial 911
from your cell phone, that call will go directly to the Jefferson County Dispatch Center. Advise the dispatcher you are calling from
Fort Drum and they will redirect your call to the DES dispatch center. Current technology does not allow for the separation of cell
phone calls on or off the installation. For non-emergency calls for service:
Police 772-5156/5157 Fire Prevention/Training 772-3372/4420/4702
Director 772-5721 Police Chief 772-4483
Fire Chief 772-3547/4420 Physical Security Chief - 772-3105
FIRE PROTECTION: NEVER leave your BBQ Grill or recreational fire unattended..
DES BIKE PATROL: DES Bike Patrol is in full swing! This is another tool to report criminal activity. A community Policing Event: On 5
August your Community will be celebrating NATIONAL NIGHT OUT! The DES Bike Patrol will be escorting McGruff the Crime Dog and
will also be joined by the NYSP Motorcycle Patrol.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/fortdrumfes
13. EXCHANGE THEA SARVER, 315-773-5631
• MAIN STORE: 2 August, 2:00 pm: Back to School Fashion Show; August: Fit for School Program! Let us size you for that perfect
shoe for Back to School! 14 August: Stop in and “Meet the Manager”, 20-22 August: Semi-Annual Tire Sale 29 August -1 Sept: Labor
Day sale event. Need a new Laptop for back to school, come and see our new line and our professional Power zone associates will
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.shopmyexchange.com
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/AAFES.BX.PX
14. FAMILY AND MORALE, WELFARE AND RECREATION HAROLD GREER, 315-772-5685
FORT DRUM RIDES THE RIVER: on 28 August in Clayton, NY. Tickets are $5 per adult ticket and $3 for children between the ages of
6-12. Children 5 years of age and younger can enjoy the day for free with no ticket necessary. Each ticket includes admission to the
Antique Boat Museum where visitors can take a self-guided tour of the museum, grounds, and explore the 106-foot Rand McNally
July 2014 CLIF Notes 5
houseboat “La Duchesse”. Children’s activities will be available featuring crafts, Family photos, and more. Ticket holders can take a
boat ride on the St. Lawrence River and enjoy a barbecue picnic lunch at the museum river shed then hitch a ride on the Family and
MWR trolley to explore the village of Clayton and its many shops, galleries, museums and restaurants. Bus shuttle transportation to
Fort Drum Rides the River will be provided from Magrath Sports Complex.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.drummwr.com
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/DrumFMWR
15. FISH & WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM RAYMOND RAINBOLT, 315-772-9636
• FORT DRUM RECREATION PASSES – Recreational activities including fishing, hunting, wildlife viewing, hiking, etc. are allowed with
on Fort Drum. Fort Drum access passes are available on-line for free. New York State licenses are also required for hunting, fishing
and trapping. See the Fish & Wildlife Management Program’s web site for more information and passes:
• OUTDOOR ADVENTURE DAY – The 2nd
Annual Outdoor Adventure Day will be 10:00 am – 4:00 pm Saturday, 23 August near the
Natural Resources Permit Office off of NYS Rte. 26 between Great Bend and Wheeler-Sack Army Airfield. This is a free family-
oriented event with live demonstrations and hands-on activities related to the outdoors and natural resources. For more
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: Raymond.E.Rainbolt.email@example.com
Click the hyperlinks Website: www.FortDrum.iSportsman.net
16. FORT DRUM MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY HOMES (MCH) MEGAN KLOSNER, 315-955-6810
HOMES AVAILABLE TODAY! : Homes for Junior Enlisted and Junior Non-Commissioned Officers available with little to no wait for
newly arriving and newly married Soldiers. Contact the Welcome Home Center today! 315.955.6644.
CHOOSE YOUR SAVINGS! : Two bedroom homes for Junior Non-Commissioned Officers! Move in at the Junior Enlisted Basic
Allowance for Housing (BAH) rate or choose to receive your first month's rent free*. Two bedroom Junior Non-Commissioned
Officers can also choose their home from multiple available units. Those interested are encouraged to contact the Welcome Home
Center for additional details 315-955-6644. *Offer ending August 31, 2014.
THE TIMBERS: REFER A FRIEND! : Anyone who refers a new Timbers resident will receive a $100 gift card when the resident signs a
12 month lease. Contact the Timbers Leasing Office today! 315.777.8000.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.fortdrummch.com
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/fortdrummch
17. FORT DRUM THRIFT SHOP MELISSA REXROAD, 315-772-7189
•CLOSED: The Thrift Shop will be closed 19-28 August.
• DONATIONS & CONSIGNMENT: We accept DONATIONS 24hrs a Day in our NEW DONATION SHED located by the stores Main
entrance (Tax Receipts are available for donations). For more information visit us on Face Book or the Web.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-Drum-Thrift-Shop/283730534983453
Click the hyperlinks Website: http://thriftshopinc.webs.com
July 2014 CLIF Notes 6
18. HOUSING BILL BAMANN, 315-772-7256
• A RENTER’S MARKET: There continues to be an abundance of rental housing available in the off post housing market with many
newly constructed rental units becoming available this summer . Check with Fort Drum’s Welcome Home Center at Clark Hall for the
latest information on availability of approved adequate rentals.
• APPROVED ADEQUATE RENTAL HOUSING: Many rentals advertised in local periodicals and on-line have not been inspected and
approved as adequate for military renters. If you do use another source for rental information, be sure to check with the housing
office to be sure it’s an approved rental before entering into any agreement.
• COMMUNITY HOUSING OFFICE CAN HELP: Never enter into a lease without checking first with the Army Community Housing
Office to see if the rental you are contemplating has been inspected by us for basic safety and habitability issues. Always get your
lease reviewed by Legal Assistance or the Army Community Housing Office prior to signing to be sure all your rights are safeguarded.
The Army Community Housing Office at Clark Hall (Rm A2-54) is always available to assist Soldiers with any off-post housing issue,
from finding the right housing to resolving landlord-tenanct disputes. Stop in or call 772-6883/772-9397 to speak to a counselor.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Click the hyperlinks Website: www.drum.army.mil/PublicWorks/Pages/Housing.aspx
19. INTRAMURAL SPORTS PROGRAM ALLEN JANSSEN, 315-772-6663
• GOLF (2 CPT CREW): Two-person Captain and Crew Golf Tournament will be conducted 23 August, 9:00 am at the Willowbrook
Golf Course. Open to all active duty military, Family members 19 years and older, Retirees, reservists, National Guard and DoD
Civilians employed on Fort Drum. Sign-ups are due to the Intramural Sports Office, P-10050, NLT COB 22 August Can sign-up day of
event at the golf course prior to start of tournament. Cost is $30 for 18 holes of golf, cart and prizes. Please email your team
members (rank, name, unit and phone numbers) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 772-6663.
• 5K RUN: A 5K Run will be conducted on 20 August, 7:00 am on a 3.2 race route starting at Magrath Sports Complex. Open to all
active duty military, family members 19 years and older, Retirees, reservists National Guard and DoD Civilians assigned/attached to
Fort Drum. Sign-ups are due to the Intramural Sports Office, P-10050, NLT COB 18 August.
• BOWLING (SCOTCH DOUBLES): A Scotch Doubles Bowling Tournament will be conducted 16 August, 5:00 pm at the Pine Plains
Bowling Center. Open to all active duty military, Family members 19 years and older, Retirees, reservists, National Guard and DoD
Civilians employed on Fort Drum. Sign-ups are due to the Intramural Sports Office, P-10050, NLT COB 15 August. Can sign-up day of
event prior to start of tournament.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: email@example.com
Click the hyperlinks Diane.firstname.lastname@example.org
20. MAGRATH SPORTS COMPLEX RANDY GILLETTE, 315-772-9670
• AEROBIC CLASSES: normally held at Monti Physical Fitness Center will be held at Magrath Sports Complex (scheduled posted at
both facilities), 7 July – 17 August, while Monti is under renovations.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: email@example.com
Click the hyperlinks Website: http://www.drummwr.com/MagrathSportsComplex.htm
21. McEWEN LIBRARY ALLEN GOUDIE, 315-772-9099
• “ANIMAL FEET” WITH THE THOMPSON PARK ZOO: 2 August, 1:30 pm at the McEwen Library. The zoo will be bringing some of
their demonstration animals to the library.
July 2014 CLIF Notes 7
• "RESCUE ME" PROGRAM: 16 August, 1:30 pm. Author Val Silver will be coming to discuss her book “Rescue Me: tales of rescuing
the dogs who became our teachers, healers, and always faithful friends.” Ms. Silver will be talking about the book and her
experiences with rescued dogs. The program is geared for adults and children 3rd grade and up.
• “PAWS TO READ” SUMMER READING CLUB WRAP-UP PARTY: 23 August, 1:30 pm. Open to any child who has completed at least
one book log in the library’s summer reading program. There will be crafts, games, and raffle prizes. Please complete all book logs
and RSVP by 20 August if you will be coming to the party.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the hyperlinks Website: www.drummwr.com/library.htm
Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-C-McEwen Library/269047099442
Online Card Catalog: http://mylibraryus.armybiznet.com/search~S24
Blackberry or iPhone Access: www.mylibraryusmobile.fmwr.net/
22. MEDDAC COL MATTNER, 315-772-4024
• LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: Want up-to-date information about your MEDDAC? Like us on Facebook to find out all the latest news
about what’s going on in our clinics, see event photos, or leave comments and questions. Visit us today at
• ARMY MEDICINE SECURE MESSAGING SERVICE (AMSMS OR SMS): SMS is secure messaging designed to connect providers and
their patients. SMS will coordinate care between the health care team and patients wherever they are, any time of day, allowing
them to safely send a message to a doctor or nurse from the comfort and privacy of home. Sign up for these services are available
when you check in for your PCM visit. For more information, please contact us at 315-772-2778 or in person at Guthrie and Connor
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: www.drum.amedd.army.mil
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/US-Army-Medical-Department-Activity-Fort-
23. MONTI PHYSICAL FITNESS FACILITY TERRY BUCKLEY, 315-772-4806
• MONTI PHYSICAL FITNESS CENTER: will be closed for floor refinishing and renovations, 7 July – 17 August, reopening normal hours
on 18 August. Aerobic classes normally held at Monti Physical Fitness Center will be held at Magrath Sports Complex (scheduled
posted at both facilities) and Atkins Functional Fitness Center will be open expanded hours to accommodate patrons. We apologize
for any inconvenience.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: email@example.com
Click the hyperlinks Website: www.drummwr.com/PhysicalFitnessCenters.htm
24. NORTH COUNTRY SPOUSES’ CLUB (NCSC) KYLEE DURANT, 408-1272
• MEMBERSHIP DRIVE: Will be held on 6 August, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm at Leray Mansion.
EVENT: Back to School Bingo and School Supply Give Away will be held 23 August.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: http://northcountryspousesclub.weebly.com/
Click the hyperlinks Emails: NorthCountrySpousesClub@weebly.com
25. PARKS & RECREATION EUGENE SPENCER, 315-772-6568
ATV SAFETY CLASSES: Outdoor RecreatIon will be offering our ATV Safety Institute Safety Classes every Wednesday. Class will
begin at 9:00 am the cost of this class is $5 per person. You must be 18 years old or older to take this class and 18 years old or older
to drive Outdoor Recreations ATVs. Click Here for the ATV Safety Class flier.
BOATER SAFETY CLASSES: 7 & 21 August from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm. You must successfully complete this class in order to rent
Pontoon boats and Fishing boats. Click here for the Boater Safety Class flier.
July 2014 CLIF Notes 8
BOAT TRIPS- will be conducted every Wednesday and Saturday, now through September. Cost for these trips will be $20 per
person with a max of 4 persons per trip. Please see our flyer or contact ODR staff at 315-772-8222 for additional information.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the hyperlinks Website: www.drummwr.com/ParksandRecreation.htm
26. SAFETY JOHN DROZD, 315-772-3022
TICK SAFETY: If your Family is playing in grassy or wooded areas, don’t forget to check for ticks. Under the arms, legs, waistline,
and navel are some of tick’s favorite spots. They like warm, moist areas!
TRAVEL SAFETY TIPS: Research basic information about your destination. Leave a copy of your itinerary with a trusted individual.
Make a list of important emergency information. Go over basic safety information rules and procedures in case you were to get lost
ROAD CONSTRUCTION ZONES: Please remember to practice safe work zone driving. Stay alert and minimize distractions. Keep
your headlights on. Pay attention to the road. Merge into the proper lane safely. Do not tailgate, obey speed limit and flaggers.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: email@example.com
Click the hyperlinks
27. USO - FORT DRUM KAREN CLARK, 315-774-0356
• USO FORT DRUM GETTING A FACE LIFT: Please excuse the mess as we will be getting a mini face lift here at the USO Fort Drum
from now through 12 July. During this time, we will be operating out of our Multi-Purpose room with shortened hours 12:00 pm –
5:00 pm M-F, but we will still provide our home away from home goodness.
• USO FORT DRUM SPECIAL DELIVERY: The USO has teamed up with best-selling author of the ‘What to Expect’ Series, Heidi
Murkoff, and her What to Expect Foundation to support military Families across the globe. The shower aims to provide expectant
mothers an opportunity to celebrate their pregnancy, meet and talk with author and celebrity Heidi Murkoff, and have the
opportunity to network and connect with other moms-to-be who are far from home/family. The shower will be held on 22 August
from 11:00 am – 2:30 pm at the Hilton Garden Inn in Watertown. For more details please contact Allen Jones, Operations and
Programs Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the hyperlinks Facebook: www.facebook.com/USOFortDrum
28. VETERINARY SERVICES CPT DAVID MARQUEZ, 315-772-4262
• HEAT EXHAUSTION ON THE RISE: Pets must acclimate to the rising temperatures during the summertime. Use caution when
exercising your pet and provide plenty of water/rest breaks in-between exercise. Signs of overheating include excessive panting,
bright red lips, vomiting, and/or lethargy. Call us if you have any questions.
MORE APPOINTMENT AVAILABILITY IN AUGUST: We will be adding another military veterinarian to our team and will have more
appointment slots available in August. Call after July 15th
to schedule an appointment!
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: email@example.com
Click the hyperlinks Website: http://www.drum.amedd.army.mil/vets/