Different Cellular Frequencies in Different Countries
The Different Cellular
Frequencies in the World
• Different countries use different cellular frequencies in the world.
• In US,the main frequency bands in communications are GSM850,
GSM1900, 3G (850/1900 and 1700/2100) and 4G (Verizon USA 4G,
Sprint Clearwire WiMAX and T-Mobile 4G).
• You can see the details from the sheet which lists different bands and
technologies that the main carriers in the US used as follow(from
• In the table the cdmaone and UMTS mean the different generations
of the mobile phone and the different technologies.You can see the
different generations in the table(from wikipedia):
• What about the other countries? You may be confused about their
differences.You can see the exact informations from the map(from
• In conclusion:
• GSM 900 / GSM 1800 MHz are used in most parts of the world:
Europe, Asia, Australia, Middle East, Africa in the blue area of the
• GSM 850 / GSM 1900 MHz are used in the United States, Canada,
Mexico and most countries of S. America in the yellow area of the
• So if I wanna go to China or Europe,is it that my cell phone cannot
work according to the situation? Don’t worry.
• Many GSM phones support three bands (900/1,800/1,900 MHz or
850/1800/1900 MHz) or four bands (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), and
are usually referred to as tri-band and quad-band phones, or world
phones; with such a phone one can travel internationally and use the
• So if you want to buy gsm jammer,you should know that where do
you want to use and what frequencies can the jammer support.Only
then can you achieve your purpose.