• Overcrowded Gyms
• Time wasted waiting for
• Ruined workouts due to lack of
• Need for optimized
quality of workouts
and time spent in gym
• Mobile web app for Apple iOS, Android, Windows
• Tracks/displays how crowded gym is in real-time
• Members scan upon entry and exit
• Users check-in to specific machine or room
• Basic and Premium
• Geared towards college students/busy zip
• Purchased through App Store/Google Play
• $0.99 basic version/ $2.99 premium
• Advertisements - $1 to remove
• 40% Gross Margin
Marketing and Sales
Facebook, google, other
Posters in gyms and health
• Part of gym membership
• Advertising in other apps
Gym Flow only available on Apple App
“VirtuaGym Fitness Home and Gym” –
“Total Gym Fitness” – tracks your health,
connects to twitter
General fitness apps – no direct
Available for iPhone, Android and Windows
Waitlist feature for equipment
Social aspect – “Karma Points”
Gym crowding for specific sections, rooms,
Little direct competition, first mover
Risks and Mitigations
Mitigated with First Mover Advantage
Mitigated with Reliable QR code system
Hire employees who workout frequently
Karma Points system to ensure user base
Each Employee is an
Each Executive hires one
to two more employees
Break even point at 26 months
Cumulative sales of 350,000 by end of
Assume 50% of users remain active
Team formed, venture name decided, business plan done
Still to do
1. Obtain initial $15,000 investment
2. Hire additional programmer
3. Find office location and purchase necessary materials
4. Begin development of application
5. Contact target gym locations for marketing
1) "American FactFinder." American FactFinder. United States
Census Bureau, n.d. Web. 14 May 2013.
2) Dorf, Richard C., and Thomas Byers. Technology Ventures: From
Idea to Enterprise. Boston [etc.: McGraw-Hill Higer Education,
3) "Flat Organization Structure." The Business Plan.
TheBusinessPlan, 2013. Web. 14 May 2013. <http://the-businessplan.com/flat-organization-structure/>.
4) Pappas, Andreas. "Which Apps Make Money?" VisionMobile.
N.p., 12 Nov. 2012. Web. 14 May 2013.
5) Fusion, Jenn. "What Is the Target Market for Fitness Gyms?"
Small Business. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 May 2013.
6) Stravarius, Justin. "25 Killer Tips for Facebook Marketing."
AppStorm.net. N.p., 27 Sept. 2010. Web. 14 May 2013.