BUSINESS ANGEL ACTIVITY IN FINLAND 2012
"BUSINESS ANGELS INVESTED OVER EUR 14 MILLION IN POTENTIAL GROWTH ENTERPRISES"
Business angels have become an important factor for new business and jobs in Finland. The ICT and mobile sectors attract the greatest interest.
Business angel investments had a substantial impact on the creation of new business, and thereby new jobs, in Finland. In the future it would be important to foster learning among inexperienced business angels and, in general, to promote successful exits.
• Respondents: 99 business angels.
• Investments in euros: Over EUR 14 million.
• Syndicated investments: 70%.
• Type of investment: Initial investments: 50% vs. follow-on investments 50%.
• Growth stage of the portfolio company: Seed stage: 23%, Startup 38% and Early growth 39%
• Exits: More than half yielded a profit.
More information: https://www.fiban.org/business-angel-activity-finland-2012