Human Resource Practices of Frontier Foundry Steel
HR Practices of Frontier Foundry
Introduction to FF steel
• Chief Executive: Noman Wazir
• Director: Zarak khan
• Location: Industrial estate
• Number of employees: more then 200
• In house material testing laboratory.
• Proper drainage systems installed.
• Incorporated in 1986
• Commercial production of steel bars and steel
ingots June 1988
• 1992 product diversification and expansion
• Increased production 1995
• Product diversification 2001-2004
• Installation of cooling bed 2006
• Weldable steel April 2007
Milestones and Achievements
• Enercon award 1992
• National awards 2001,2007,2011
• Amongst top 25 companies of Arabia fast
growth 500+ turkey 2011
• Only PSQCA license holder of seismic resistant
and Weldable Steel Bars ASTM 706
set of HR
for ff steel
• Lower level staff
• Engineers/ managers
Selected on basis
Go through a
Selection process at FF Steel
• Applications are shortlisted/screened as per
• Interview calls
• Interviews are conducted by a Panel.
• Final Selection of candidate based on the
Selection process at FF Steel
• Basic selection criteria.
• 1) Education
• 2) Past Experience
• 3) Attitude (behavior)
1. Depends on the job but the candidate for the
higher degree is preferred.
2. Skills maters grades doesn't.
• Attitude (behavior)
• In interview the main thing observed in the
candidate is his attitude towards the job.
• The manager said they have set some basic
criteria for the candidate to select him on the
basis of his attitude towards job.
• Past Experience
• Past experience is highly preferred but in the
• Candidates with multiple skills are hired.
Training and Development
• Reema Gul
• Anum Iqbal
Training and development
On the job
•Seminars and lecture
Off the job
Questions asked from HR manager at FF Steel:
I. How you motivate your employees?
II. Scenario (Employee Problem)
How we motivate employees?
• We give prizes to employees based on performance.
• We give incentives based on
– Produce more, get more
• Our employees are encouraged by being told
– Do mistakes, and you’ll learn
• Due to our quality motivation practices
– Our employees are competitive
• Employee has any problem
• Effecting his performance at mill
• How they are motivated in such cases?
• How their morale is developed?
• They should submit a leave application
• They will be given paid leaves until the problem is solved
• Depending on the severity of the problem
• Also depends on status of employee
• Great interaction between Directors and employee
• Directors meet with employees during working hours.
• Ask them how they feel being here.
• Employees share their problems with directors
• According to the HR manager of FF Steel
• I’m 100% sure that our 99% of staff is honest and motivated
• Some of our employees switched to other organizations due to some
• But due to our excellent HR Practices many employees came back even
after 5 years
• Which shows our great HR achievement
• Monetary benefits
• Health and safety
• First aid kits
• Help from ceo
• We asked the HR Manager of Ffsteel how do
you maintain your HR staff?
• The Answer was we maintain our employee by a
number of ways….like!!
A thorough performance evaluation followed by
Giving fringe benefits
Giving good work environment.
No barrier between the management and workers
1. Performance evaluation followed
• The company’s HR department has designed a
brief evaluation form which is also known as
Annual incremental form.
• The patern of this evaluation form is shown:
2.Fringe benefits include;
• Free conveyance on the company’s expense
• 24 hours canteen to cater the food needs of
• Arrange various sports events periodically
among the workers.
3.Provide Good work environment.
Workers consider their colleagues more like
friends rather then professionals.
Provide breaks between the work so that
employees doesn't get frustrated.
4.No barrier between the management and
• the HR manager of the ff steel believes that
the most important thing that retains our
employees is that there is no upward
communication barrier exists
• As mentioned earlier the director is always
available for the employees problems.