Convenes team of elite scholars and staff to create SCENERIOUS
Though an embargo took place at oil supply they gained a huge
amount of profit
To explore the effect of the twin crises of trust and security, Shell's
planners built three scenerious
Circumspect of Royal Dutch Shell
Effect of Dynamic
Environment on Global
1.oil market became more competitive
Globalization Technological ChangeLiberalization
Two Major Crisis In 2001
• Banner criminality at Enron, Worldcom, Adelphia,
tyco and cheating at firms such as Parmalta, Vivenedi,
• 9-11 terrorist attack created chaos in Middle-East
Three scenarios taken by Shell
1. Strong economic growth in China, India, Brazil dramatically raises
2. Anxiety over security and suspicion of markets drive shell to operate
in a heavy regulation and public distrust.
3. Coercive and complex Government rules force more disclosure.
4. Nation enact new taxes to discourage pollution.
1. Shell doesn't face a climate of oppressive laws and regulation,
instead a vibrant circumstances.
2. Companies work cooperatively with stakehoder's to promote a
3. Demand of oil grows incentive shell to emerge new renewable
1. Trust is low
2. World energy demand is flat
3. Taxes on Business rise
4. Social activities and media turn to hostile
5. Observation become more cynical about corporate