Photo Album. The pictures I used and didn’t use for my DVD cover and Poster topromote my Music Video including the costumes for my music video. Farzana Begum.
This is my first choice of costume I wanted to my artist to wear in my musicvideo, as you can see the top is hot pink and the trousers are black, from myquestionnaire this is what my audience wanted, however I did not use this inmy music video as I believe the top was too plain as well as the trousers andit didn’t really come under the R&B codes and conventions in clothing aswomen in R&B usually have very little clothing. therefore within my ownknowledge I decided not to use this consume.
As you can see, the colour palate is the same which is hot pink andblack, this is because I wanted the first part of my music video as thecolours are important which relate to the storyline of the video.However again, this consume don’t really cover the R&B clothingconventions and the top don’t look mature enough to be worn by anRnB artist.
Within the same colours, this is another costume, the reason I never toldmy artist to wear this in my music video, is mainly because the shirt looksto childish as it has big dots all over the shirt, it also looks like a sleepingtop which is an disadvantage and doesn’t met my aims.
This is what I made my artist wear at the very end of my music video, Ichose this costume because its something different, her plain blacktrousers emphasize the darkness she is in, as she was unhappy havingarguments with her husband, but the white top contrasts with it andmake it not so boring, I added a pink and white stripy cardigan to makeall fit in together.
This is my main costume which I made my artist wear through the firstpart of my music video, I choose this mainly because it simple but veryeye catching, it looks lush and very attractive and the hot pink blends inwith the black. Its nice fitted which made my artist look verycomfortable in it and it matched the codes and conventions of RnBfashion for women.
I never chose theses costumes because It looks very busy, as her dress hasblue flowers all over it, and then on top she has a stripy cardigan withdoesn’t seem to match the dress and doesn’t really match the codes andconventions.
This is what a typical women would wear normally when shes going togo out or normally just wear at home, so I used this in some of myflashback shes having with her husband, the reason I chose this isbecause the top is stripy which is something different to the otherclothes she wore, and the blue matches her blue tight jeans, her jeanscover the codes and conventions as it shows the shape of her legs andmakes it looks attractive.
This the last costume she wore during my music video, mainlyeverything is white, this emphasizes the purity and that shes come outthe darkness, also the little butterflies shows the peace and that shesfree from the relationship she was in with her husband. To make it all fitin I put a little white cardigan to make her white jeans which makes itlook for more professional.
Throughout the music video, my artist wore two types on heels during themusic video, first par are black and the next pair are white; the black pairare to match the black and hot pink dress, as the white pair are to matchthe white dress. This is mainly because most R&B females wear very highheels to elongate their legs because if they are wearing hardly any clothesthe higher the shoes the longer their legs will look which makes it lookvery attractive.
For my artist to look all artistic and match the R+B codes and convention, I put make up on her which very bold and defined, especially her eyes they had dark coloured eye shadows with golds which makes her eyes very alluring. To show power some females wear red After I made it into a lipstick in their videos. bun, I got some hair out Therefore I did the same at the front which made to establish that she is the it look like a fringe to main person in my music make it look video and she has all the fashionable, and I gave power throughout it all. it the last few touches, by adding a black bow to match the dress, and Most RnB artist, their hair is always included the accessories styled in a very dramatic way which such as big earrings, is very eye catching, another reason necklaces this is tomany people make the hair style that prove and show that I is very attractive, is because it may am breaking genderattract many females as they may use stereotypes because it is their ‘celebrity’ as a role model and usually R&B males that they may act and try to dress in the wear that much way the music video portrays them. jewellery. The hair style mainly has to be stepby step, firstly I has to curls my artists hair to make it look realistic, and then I made it into a bun to make it look for seductive.
1. This picture is of a female alone, all of the pictures are, this is because the female is the main character in the music video so as a result in my DVD cover and music poster, however the reason I didn’t use this picture as mainly because I don’t like the angle the camera took this picture, and unfortunately her eyes are actually closed which give the picture a poor look which isnt really attractive for the audience.2. When I retook the picture as I made a mistake inmy previous one, I kept the camera straight andangle as a mid shot and I realised that the picturewas very successful as she gives a intense look andher eyes are down in the picture which couldadvantage as you can see the dark eye coloured eyeshadow which looks very lush and attractive, and theeffect was again also very successful within the photoalbum.
3. The lighting in this image is very high and bright, the difference from the previous image is that her eyes are up which promotes sexuality and a sense of lust. It also creates a form of levels to show a variety of shots, however, it looks like her head is in a awkward position and she is very uncomfortable which makes the image look unprofessional.4. The artists face doesn’t look very engagingand doesn’t really promote what I want and whatIm looking for, however as she is sitting down itgives a different level of attraction and shows allher clothing.
5. This is a different level/pose as the artist is standing up with her against the wall which her hands on the wall close to the camera, and her eyes looking down. Overall this image gives a lush effect and with her eyes looking down promotes that shes upset as her and her husband broke up. The one disadvantage with this image is that you can see the shadow at the back so when I erase the green screen it will be difficult for me to erase the shadow.6. In this image, she is standing up straight, and is alongshot this shot excludes and the bottom half ofthe artist’s legs, it also shows her dress and it showsthat she has good body language and facialexpressions that appeals.
7. The artist is on a different level as she is sitting on her heels, this again gives a lush effect as shes engaging with the camera and by her putting her hands and her knees shows the levels of her legs. However this is not the type of pose.8. This image is very poor, as her eyes are closedwhich emphasizes that there is no connection with thecamera and shes lost. Another reason Is that herbody language, facial expressions is all wrong anddoesn’t really match the expectations.
9. This image looks like a mug shot as she wasn’t ready to take the image and she is looking up as she is day dreaming about something and because she isnt looking at the camera looks like shes not engaging or there is no connection, the angle the image was taken was a mid shot only showing the top of her dress, so the main focus is on the face, but because her facial expressions are wrong, this image looks very unprofessional.1O. Again, her eyes are closed whichshows that this image cannot be used as itmakes it look very unprofessional.
11. In this image and beyond, she has changed her clothes as in the music video she has changed them also, the reason she is wearing white is to show the purity as the end of my music video. This image is looks like she is upset as her eyes are down again and she has a straight face which sometimes may not look as effective and attractive.12. Shes looking up in this image with a slight smileon her face, as she is looking up is shows theconnection with the camera and as the shot is a midshot you can see her dress, and If you look close upthe ring on her finger is very eye catching, the samering is used in the music video as her wedding ring,so this shows the connection.
13. This image captures the top of her dress and shows her necklaces and all her other accessories, again with her eyes looking down it shows her eye shadows colours which matches the dress, which is an advantage as it looks professional.14. This high shot make the artist look vulnerable, butmy aim was to show happy times and link it with sadtimes later throughout the music video. Also I knowthat the audience’s eye will draw toward the hair as itthe close to the camera but that’s something I dontwant, as my aim was to show the emotions of my artistthrough the use of images.
15. The camera is on a slanted angle which gives the image a firm effect, as her hand is by her hair it shows her bracelets another use of accessory which contrasts with her dress. Her facial expression is deep and shows the emotions through her eyes as she is looking straight down.16. This is a close up image of her face,the audiences eyes will draw mainly intoher lips as they are dark red, this is toemphasize the power of women in themusic video.
17. This image is a mid shot which shows her face looking straight at the camera, her body language, facial expression is lush which make the image look professional and eye catching for the audience, it also promotes the emotion as she is smiling, which shows that shes happy.18. This picture captures a shocked lookthat happens to be unprofessional and itgenerates comedy, not joyfulness.